As part of USA Taekwondo’s commitment to providing a safe sporting environment, it is now a requirement that all Coach and Instructor members complete the FREE USOC SafeSport training course online.
The course is a series of videos and quizzes that cover all aspects of SafeSport, covering in-depth what is and what isn’t appropriate behavior, and what you can do about it.
The courses takea around 90 minutes to complete and you must complete all three to be certified, but don’t worry if you can’t complete them in one sitting, as your username and password will save your progress and you can pick up where you left off later.
Coaches and Instructors, referees, staff members and vendors participating in USA Taekwondo events must complete this course before you will be allowed to register for any USA Taekwondo events.
Please see below for complete instructions on how to register and ensure you get credit for taking the course.
New members joining USA Taekwondo will have 7 days to complete the training.
We believe this FREE educational module will be of great benefit to all Taekwondo coaches and instructors, referees, staff and vendors attending USA Taekwondo events, and we hope you will join us in recognizing the importance of the SafeSport program and continue working with us to make Taekwondo in the United States safer, stronger and more successful in the future.
Safeguarding of athletes must be, and is, one of the most important things we all do on a daily basis, and this training is a cornerstone of that effort going forward.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Below you will find instructions on how to register and take the SafeSport training course.
REGISTERING FOR THE FREE SAFESPORT TRAINING COURSE
• Open your web browser and go to: http://safesport.org
• Click SIGN IN in the top right corner of the page (see 1 on image right)
• Complete the details on the form. IMPORTANT: During the sign up process you will be asked to choose your sport in order to be credited with completing the course. Choose USA Taekwondo and when it asks for a code enter:
• You will receive an email to the address you used when registering, asking you to confirm your contact details. Simply click on the link to do so, and then sign in to the SafeSport site.
• Once signed in click on the icon in the top right corner of the site and then click on Learning Dashboard in the dropdown menu.
• There are three SafeSport modules that you need to take in order to be certified - Mandatory Reporting, Emotional and Physical Misconduct & Sexual Misconduct Awareness Education. Completing all three courses should take around 90 minutes in total.
• Once you have passed all three courses email email@example.com to get your profile updated.