The following information has been shared by the World Karate Federation regarding the 2022 Premier League events.
Maximum sports level - Attractive competition for NFs, athletes, TV and sponsors
Maximum 32 athletes per category (maximum 384 athletes).
- Registration only by NF's for athletes classified between the positions 1 and 32 in WKF Ranking. First week of registration. No limit of athletes per National Federation.
- Open registration for athletes classified between the positions 1 and 32 in WKF ranking. First week of registration. No limit of athletes per National Federation.
If vacancies, open registration for athletes ranked between positions 33 and 64 of WKF ranking. Next two weeks of registration. No limit of athletes per National Federation.
If vacancies, open inscription for competitors ranked between positions 64 and 100 of WKF ranking. Last two weeks of registration. No limit of athletes per National Federation.
Round robin system in 8 pools of 4 athletes (minimum 3 bouts for each athlete). The first of each group is classified for the Quarterfinals.
Four athletes are qualified for the semifinals.
The two winners go for the final. The two losers for Bronze medal.
Finals and Bronze Medal:
With results of 1, 2, and 3 (only one third place).
- 1st Day: Friday 9:00-20:00 (elimination rounds)
- 2nd Day: Saturday 9:00-20:00 (elimination rounds)
- 3rd Day: Sunday 10:00-14:00 (Finals and Bronze medals)
Prizes and Medals
All of the top three athletes receive a medal. All bouts add up (the same) points for the WKF Ranking and PL Standing. The athletes who obtain more points at the end of the six events (with minimum participation in 4 events) s=is proclaimed GRAND WINNER,
Prizes per Event and Category:
- 1st Place: 1.000€ and gold medal
- 2nd Place: 500€ and silver medal
- 3rd Place: 250€ and bronze medal
- GRAND WINNER: 5.000€ and trophy