About ACE USOPC Tuition Grants
ACE awards over $500 thousand annually to Team USA athletes for education in the form of tuition grants. ACE | USOPC Tuition Grants are intended to encourage athletes to further their formal education in preparation for lifelong career goals by defraying a portion of athletes’ tuition costs. An athlete's performance standards, financial need and other scholarships awarded are considered when determining an award. Applications are available on the ACE platform for current and retired Olympic, Paralympic, Pan American, Parapan American and Games alumni athletes.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
ACE will open at least two application and review periods annually, spring and fall, to be applied to upcoming school terms. Check here and the ACE platform to access the application when it's available.
Next application period opens Spring 2021. More details coming soon.
Register with ACE to receive email notifications for future applications and ACE opportunities.
*Dates below are subject to change
Applications open: March 4, 2020
Applications close: April 5, 2020
Award notifications: May 8, 2020
Applications open: May 28, 2020
Applications close: July 6, 2020
Award notifications: July 31, 2020
Applications open: September 1, 2020
Applications close: October 6, 2020 11:59 p.m. MT
Award notifications: December 1, 2020
This grant is going to play an instrumental part in my ability to balance sport and my education.
The ACE tuition grants are available to current elite, internationally competitive Team USA athletes and all Olympians and Paralympians. This includes athletes who've competed/participated in at least one of the following:
- Any Olympic or Paralympic Games, regardless of last competition date
- Senior World Championships, World Cup, Grand Prix or equivalent in the past two (2) calendar years
- Earned a medal in Junior or U-23 World Championships in the past two (2) calendar years
- Received at least one support service from the USOPC in the past 12 months including:
- Direct Athlete Support funding
- Elite Athlete Health Insurance
- Resident athlete housing at an Olympic & Paralympic Training Center or Site
- Participate in an elite-level training program that is approved by both the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee and a National Governing Body of an Olympic, Paralympic, Pan American or Parapan American sport
Coursework and Educational Institutions
Eligible applicants should be currently enrolled or plan to enroll in an accredited college, university or institution which provides certificates, associates, bachelors, masters and/or doctorate degrees and from the U.S. Department of Education Database of Accredited Postsecondary Institutions and Programs List.
Tuition Distribution Procedure
Award Availability more
The ACE USOPC Grants are made possible through the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Foundation and the generosity of the donors. Each year they are limited based on availability and funding. The ACE Program reserves the right to make amendments to the grants based on availability and interest every session and/or year.