USA Wrestling is seeking a Marketing Coordinator for its Sponsorship department. USA Wrestling, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and national governing body for the sport of wrestling, serves over 250,000 members nationwide. In 2018, the combined efforts of our age-group and Senior level teams set a new standard of excellence by amassing 36 world championship medals, an all-time record for USA Wrestling.
Sponsors play a critical role in providing some of the resources needed for programming at the grassroots level as well as high performance operations at the elite level. This position will assist in the procurement, activation, retention, and expansion of sponsors.
Provide project-based support, as well as perform account executive duties, to the Director of Corporate Partnerships and additional departments at USA Wrestling, including Communications, Events, and Development. The ideal candidate will possess the necessary skills to execute all of the duties outlined in the primary section, and also bring expertise from one or more of the areas outlined in the secondary section.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES – Approx. 70% of the job
Account Executive Administration
- Serve as primary communications point of contact for all current and future Corporate Partners of USA Wrestling, including serving as primary copy editor for all internal and external communications, presentations, reports and projects.
- Oversee the collection and organization of data, analytics, and insights to provide Corporate Partners with the ability to make data-driven decisions
- Work cross-departmentally to coordinate high-level special projects as assigned by the Director and/or the Executive Director.
- Conceptualize and build presentations, partner correspondence, social media & website feature content, as well as executive-and board-level projects.
- Aid the Director in day-to-day project management tasks including managing multiple deadlines for multiple corporate partners.
- Regularly work with USOPC Marketing, and international governing body officials for the advancement of the sport.
- Assist with the planning and execution of the international hospitality program.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
SECONDARY DUTIES – Approx. 30% of the job
In addition to the primary duties outlined above, the candidate hired for this position will be encouraged to spend time on areas that play to their particular strengths and skills. Areas of focus we are most interested in are (in no particular order):
- Digital content creation
- Branding/brand strategy
- Data analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Sport Management, or related field
None required, but experience with any of the following types of organizations is preferred (in no particular order):
- Marketing agency
- Broadcasting/media company
- Professional/college sports teams
- Ability to complete projects and execute on specific tasks
- Ability to work with sensitive information
- Attention to detail and decision-making skills
- Ability to conceptualize and think abstractly
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong customer service skills and ability to work with high-level executives
- Experience with software programs like Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Mailchimp or other emailing platforms, HTML/website editing, etc., preferred
- Ability to work with people from a variety of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Start Date – Friday, November 1st, 2019 (or thereabouts)
- Location – Colorado Springs, CO
- Full time, exempt
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits package
- Ability to travel domestically as needed, up to 20%, including weekends
Please send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: