JOIN THE OLYMPIC MOVEMENT AND LEAD THE STRONGEST TEAM IN AMERICA
AS THE CEO OF USA WEIGHTLIFTING (USAW)
USA Weightlifting (USAW), the sole governing body for the Olympic sport of Weightlifting in the US, is looking for a high energy, self-starting, senior level manager to become its CEO. The CEO will have full operational responsibility for USAW and will be specifically challenged to:
1) Within 90 days, establish a sustainable budget and operational plan for USA Weightlifting to carry out its duties of fielding World and Junior World Teams, organizing National Competitions and providing member services.
2) Within 6 months, create a sports marketing program aimed at doubling the number of weightlifting clubs supervised by a qualified coach over the next 5 years, while doubling the junior and senior membership of USAW, with at least 10% of that growth occurring through the creation of scholastic and collegiate weightlifting programs.
3) Measure and steadily improve both the ranking of USA Weightlifting on major internet search engines and references to the sport/Federation on targeted US blogs, in connection with USAW's unparalleled capabilities, enviable safety record, zero-tolerance doping policies, and its unmatched knowledge of training for increased strength and power.
4) Increase USAW's revenues by 20% over the next 3 years, through such means as fostering: a) long term, win/win relationships with sponsors and complementary organizations, b) profitable educational programs for trainers and the public (while facilitating low cost education opportunities for volunteers) and c) grassroots donations from people who admire incredible physical and moral strength, a drug free environment and the outstanding volunteer efforts that make Olympic-style Weightlifting so special.
5) Measure and continuously improve member services and opportunities for volunteers to participate, by assuring that members and volunteers are informed of all pertinent rules, operational procedures, opportunities (and changes thereto) through multilevel communications.
The USAW Board of Directors is looking for an experienced professional manager with the demonstrated ability to achieve - consistently, effectively and on time -- the kinds of initiatives described above.
The individual selected will be the first CEO under new USAW by-laws, which streamline governance and provide unparalleled opportunity for effective action. USAW's National Office, and most of its staff, is currently located on the campus of the US Olympic Committee, in Colorado Springs, CO.
USAW offers competitive salary and benefits, with a unique opportunity for substantial compensation growth as the organization grows in size and improves its international competitive results. USAW is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, employer.
Please e-mail your resume and a cover letter describing how your proven accomplishments qualify you for this position to email@example.com.
Click here for CEO job description.