COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (April 15, 2020) – USA Volleyball has launched USAVed, a free online educational video series, as top volleyball coaches and high performance leaders present on a wide range of topics. The video series is housed on usavolleyball.org.
USAVed’s target audience is USA Volleyball members including coaches, club directors and athletes. Further, the educational tools are to encourage prospective USA Volleyball coaches and athletes to become members.
USAVed’s prime objectives are to:
- Give coaches and athletes tips, tools and ideas to better themselves on and off the court
- To give individuals a positive learning experience
- Provide all participants with an online community to learn from some of the top minds in volleyball
As an example of contents, the first three planned videos will include the following topics:
- Karch Kiraly, head coach for the U.S. Women’s National Team, presenting “Reading in the Game of Volleyball” where viewers can learn tools and tips for reading the attacker
- Luka Slabe, assistant coach for the U.S. Women’s National Team, presenting “Blocking Systems Basics” to show Team USA’s default team blocking system and individual blocking responsibilities.
- Jeff Liu, performance analyst for the U.S. Women’s National Team, presenting “Volley Stats 101” to give a closer look at the basics in volleyball stats in four categories: passing, serving, attacking and sideout
Below is a screen shot from Kiraly's presentation on "Reading in the Game of Volleyball".