Bringing Clubs Together to Drive our Sport Forward
The inaugural Tri Club Challenge creates a pathway for some of our sport’s biggest supporters to make an impact toward specific nationwide projects designed to grow youth participation, increase access and inclusion, and bolster athlete development in multisport.
Open to USA Triathlon Official Clubs, it is designed to engage and energize the collective spirit of this community, and each participating club will compete in raising funds for the chance be named a Tri Club Challenge Champion. While benefiting vital programs in our USA Triathlon Foundation Pillars, it also supports clubs with growth through awareness-building and the chance to be awarded a grant.
The full campaign will run from April 1 - June 30, 2023, with mini-competitions each month that offer opportunities for engagement and additional prize giveaways from USA Triathlon, Wahoo, Rudy Project, and more.
Impact: What We're Fundraising For
Grassroots Youth Program
The USA Kids Tri Program encourages youth participation through grassroots programs in selected markets around the country. USA Kids Tri introduces youth to multisport, helps them live healthier and more active lifestyles, and builds the next generation of athletes to drive our sport forward.USA Kids Tri
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access
The Together We Thrive initiative inspires pathways to access and inclusion by starting collegiate clubs in underrepresented communities, supporting race directors to add para and neurodiverse waves, funding coaching education scholarships and more.Together We Thrive
How to Get Involved
REGISTER YOUR CLUB NOW!
From April 1 through June 30, members of USA Triathlon Official Clubs can donate through their club's fundraising page.
- USA Triathlon Official Clubs will be invited to register and customize their own club fundraising webpage and profile hosted on the USA Triathlon Foundation website.
- Over the course of the 13-week challenge, each club and its members will utilize this unique donation page and link to raise funds in support of focused nationwide initiatives.
- Check the challenge leaderboard between April 1 and June 30 for updates tracking fundraising impact among clubs representing cities across the country.
Not part of a USA Triathlon Official Club, but want to support this nationwide campaign to drive multisport forward?
Search for a participating club in your region and help us make an impact by donating through their club fundraising page.
- Opportunity for multiple winners to take their own club to the next level and accelerate impact in their community through USA Triathlon Foundation grants (awarded across club-size categories to support small and large clubs alike).
- To support triathlon clubs as the backbone of training and community within multisport, we will help boost awareness and membership growth through marketing exposure across USAT’s platforms.
- In addition to contributing to vital philanthropic programs, clubs and their members will enjoy a range of participation benefits and opportunities to engage with USAT, USA Triathlon Foundation, and fellow triathletes throughout the Challenge—from inspiring webinars with Olympians and elite coaches, to meetups at select races and prize giveaways from Wahoo, Rudy Project, and more.
Grants and Prizes
Six clubs will be crowned Tri Club Challenge champions, two each from the following divisions. The club that raises the most cumulative funds and the club with the highest average donation amount will each receive the competition's prizes:
- Up to 99 club members
- 100-249 club members
- 250+ club members
- USA Triathlon Foundation grant for each winning club that benefits one of the USA Triathlon Foundation's pillars in their community
- USA Triathlon Magazine and USA Tri Race Guide feature for winning clubs
- Press release and story on all USA Triathlon and USA Triathlon Foundation social channels
- VIP experience for winning club members at either the 2024 Multisport National Championships Festival or 2024 USA Triathlon Nationals, along with special recognition at race
- A gift pack you can give to one or more of your members to help them level up. Items include a USA Triathlon Level I or Focus Area Coach Certification scholarship along with training gear from USA Triathlon or USA Triathlon partners and sponsors.
Register your club for the Tri Club Challenge 2023 and view the growing list of participating clubs at the Tri Club Challenge registration page. Donations can be made starting April 1 through June 30, 2023. For further questions about getting involved, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.