- Elite Paratriathlon
- Grassroots Paratriathlon
- Military Program
- Paratriathlete Membership
Military Grant Programming
USA Paratriathlon has been awarded a $77,000 grant through the Adaptive Sports grant from the Department of Veterans Affairs to help fuel paratriathlon growth among U.S. veterans for the 2016 triathlon season.
The grants are provided to facilitate the growth of Paralympic-sport programming for disabled veterans and disabled members of the Armed Forces.
USA Paratriathlon also received a $30,000 grant from the Given Limb Foundation to serve military veterans and active duty servicemen and women at the Brook Army Medical Center for the 2015 triathlon season.
Questions about the Military Program? Email us.
Event Travel Assistance
Through the grant we received from the Dept. of Veteran Affairs, we are able to offer limited travel assistance to our military veterans and active-duty service members who are competing in key ITU elite events in 2016 as well as the National Championship. The events we are able to provide funding to are:
- 2016 CAMTRI Paratriathlon Championships - Sarasota, Florida - March 12-13
- 2016 Sarasota Bradenton Triathlon - PC Open Division - Sarasota, Florida - March 12-13
- 2016 USA Paratriathlon National Championships - Santa Cruz, California - August 14
Please be aware that this travel assistance program is only for current or former U.S. military paratriathletes.
Questions about travel assistance? Email us.
Camps & Clinics
- Red, White & Blue Paratriathlon Camp - Austin, TX - April 14th-18th (more information)
- Challenged Athletes Foundation Paratriathlon Camp - Pensacola Beach, FL- May 5th-8th (more information)
- Dare2tri Injured Military Clinic - Hammond, IN - June 4th-5th (more information)
- Dare2tri Paratriathlon Training Camp - Pleasant Prairie, WI - June 10th-12th (more information)
- Challenged Athletes Foundation Paratriathlon Camp - San Diego, CA - August 4th-7th (more information)
- National Ability Center Paratriathlon Camp - Park City, UT - August 11-14th (more information)
Given Limb Foundation Grant
USA Triathlon, with a generous financial donation from the Given Limb Foundation, is initiating a second six-month paratriathlon training program, in 2016, at the San Antonio Military Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas from February 27- August 31st.For more information about this program, please email us.
VA/USP Training Allowance
Through a partnership with the United States Department of Veterans Affairs, the VA Paralympic Program Office helps to provide a monthly assistance allowance for disabled Veterans of the Armed Forces, as authorized by section 703 of the Veterans’ Benefits Improvement Act of 2008. Through the program, the VA will pay a monthly allowance to a Veteran with a service-connected or non-service-connected disability if the Veteran meets the minimum military standard or higher (i.e. Emerging, Talent Pool, National Team) in his/her respective sport at a recognized competition.
For more information, Click here.
To view the 2016 Paratriathlon Standards, click here.
Questions? Email us
The Army World Class Athlete Program (WCAP) Paralympic Program is available for Soldiers with physical disabilities who demonstrate the commitment and skill to pursue elite level competitions. The program provides the support and training to compete and succeed in national and international competitions and the Paralympic Games, while maintaining a professional military career. The Program strives to enhance the rehabilitation, readiness, and quality of life for injured Soldiers through Paralympic sports.
For more information, click here.
Questions? Email us.
There are many existing organizations out there to help military veterans or active-duty military athletes in their quest to fuel the multisport lifestyle. Whether you are looking for training support, access to equipment, grants for travel to events, or just a mentor; the organizations below are a great place to start.