Did you know that many food items are available online? For a time-strapped athlete, try Amazon Prime (~$80 per year membership), where a user can get free two-day shipping as well as additional Subscribe & Save discounts. While I admit I only use this for diapers and wipes currently (yes, I’m a mom), it’s a great idea for busy families with hungry athlete mouths to feed!
Check out this short list of recommended food items with links to purchase on Amazon. These fast snacks are great options for any triathlete.
*Indicates Subscribe & Save Available
+Indicates Free Shipping available for Prime Members
- Plum Organics Mish Mash *+ (for toddlers, I know—but you can eat them, too!)
- Clif Mojo Bars *+ (or another variety such as PR Bar, Nature Valley Crunchy or Larabar)
- Planters Trail Mix Fruit & Nut Packets *+
- Bear Naked Fit Granola Pouches *+
- Kashi Go-Lean Cereal Cups *+
- Justin’s Natural Peanut Butter Packets (almond butter packets or jars of either nut butter also available)
- StarKist Tuna Packets *
- Newtons Fig Bars *+
- Microwave Popcorn Snack Bags *
- Pretzel Bags +
- Kashi Whole Grain Crackers *+
- Bare Fruit Organic Packets *+
- Single-Serving Hummus Dip Packets
- GoPicnic Ready-to-Eat Meals: Sunbutter & Crackers *+
- GoGo squeeZ Applesauce Pouches *+
- 100% Juice Boxes +
- 8-oz. Chocolate Milk +, Soy Chocolate Milk *+ or Almond Chocolate Milk Cartons *+
Katie Davis MS, RD, CSSD, LDN has a mission to help ordinary athletes become extraordinary competitors by using whole-food based nutrition to improve athletic performance. She is the owner of RDKate Sports Nutrition Consulting, based out of Naperville, Ill., where she offers expertise in sports nutrition, eating disorders/disordered eating, intuitive eating and weight management for sport. Katie holds a master’s degree in nutrition with an emphasis in exercise physiology. She is both a registered dietitian and one of only 550 RDs in the United States to be board-certified as a specialist in sports dietetics. As a runner, triathlete, snowboarder and rock climber, Katie understands the physical and mental challenges of being a top athlete. Katie has previously consulted with NCAA Division I & Division III, NFL and NBA athletes; she truly brings both her knowledge and experience to the table as sports dietitian. Katie is available for individual consulting, team talks and group seminars. Visit her website at RDKate.com; from there you can navigate to her weekly blog, Eat to Compete, and connect with her on Twitter or Facebook. Contact her directly at YourRDKate@gmail.com.