Tips To Make Your KT Tape Application Last Longer
These are techniques that are recommended by professional sports trainers and physical therapists.
IT’S ALL IN THE PREP WORK
1. Apply tape at least one hour prior to exercise or any anticipated moisture. Allow more time for strenuous exercises to promote better initial adhesion of KT Tape to the skin.
2.Trim or shave excess hair from the area to be applied.
3. Use rubbing alcohol to remove any lotions or oils on the skin. Allow the skin to completely dry.
4. If you need to make any cuts in the KT Tape make sure you round the corners as this helps to avoid the tape from snagging on clothing.
5. Start by removing the backing paper from the center. Do not touch the adhesive part of the tape, keep your fingers on backing paper instead.
6. When applying your tape, take care not to stretch the first and last two inches of each strip as you anchor them to the skin. Applying stretch to the ends can cause the KT Tape® to detach prematurely and pull on the skin.
7. To ensure a uniform stretch, use your thumb and index finger to apply even pressure across the width of the strip. Take care not to overstretch the tape. Less is more!
8. For improved adhesion, rub vigorously for 10 seconds or more. The heat helps to activate the adhesive, allowing for a longer duration of use.