Our latest installment of profiles with our 2017 Senior National Team members features male finweight Austin Tran of Coppell, Texas.
1. What is the first thing you notice about someone when you first meet?
Austin: Their height.
2. Best place you have competed at in the States?
Austin: Austin, Texas.
3. What is your favorite restaurant?
Austin: Gens Korean BBQ
4. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing that you would buy or pay for?
Austin: Hire a personal chef.
5. Are you a morning person, afternoon person or night person?
Austin: Night person.
6. Favorite pro team in the U.S.?
Austin: Texas Rangers.
7. Instagram or Snapchat?
8. Favorite venue and city to compete at outside the U.S.?
Austin: Baku, Azerbaijan.
9. What are your most prized possessions?
Austin: My first National Team belt.
10. What is your favorite taekwondo drill?
11. Favorite fun moment off the mat during this season?
Austin: Hanging out with teammates in Spain.
12. Go-to breakfast meal?
13. Top two things still on your bucket list?
Austin: Win Worlds, and train with Iranian team.
14. Most used app on your phone?
15. Sport you're best at other than taekwondo?
16. Pet peeve when traveling?
Austin: Having a middle seat.
17. Other than family, who would you like to invite to complete a dinner foursome (individuals can be dead or alive)?
Austin: Farzan Ashourzadeh Fallah, Jung Chan Ho and Matt Stonie.
18. Top songs on your phone or music service?
Austin: "WDYW" and "Disrespectful".
19. Other than communication devices, what one personal item must you bring from home on road trips that you can't live without?
20. Favorite quote and by whom?
Austin: "If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." - Unknown