Our latest installment of profiles with our 2017 Senior National Team members features male flyweight Tyler Miyagishima of Woodland Hills, California.
1. A little known fact about yourself that many would find interesting?
Tyler: I joined taekwondo to become a Power Ranger.
2. Favorite emoji?
Tyler: The clown emoji.
3. Funniest teammate?
Tyler: Van Bactista, even though he steals my jokes.
4. Favorite thing to eat?
Tyler: I have a lot of favorite things to eat, but if I had to choose one it would be pasta.
5. After a long trip outside the country, what would be your ideal first meal back in the States?
Tyler: That's a tough one, but I would probably want to eat a double-double from In-N-Out.
6. You never leave the house without?
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Tyler: Tokyo, Japan.
8. What is the first thing you notice about someone when you first meet?
Tyler: Their personality.
9. Go-to breakfast meal.
Tyler: Eggs, rice and any breakfast meat.
10. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing that you would buy or pay for?
Tyler: My tuition.
11. What are your most prized possessions?
Tyler: My camera and my phone.
12. What is your favorite season -- winter, spring, summer or fall?
Tyler: Fall, because it gets super hot out here in SoCal during the summer.
13. Instagram or Snapchat?
14. What is your favorite room in your house and why?
Tyler: My room because that's where I get to relax.
15. What is your favorite restaurant?
Tyler: I don't think I can make a decision because I like so many restaurants.
16. Living celebrity you would like to meet and why?
Tyler: Kobe Bryant, because I feel like I could learn a whole lot from him.
17. Favorite fun moment off the mat during the season?
Tyler: Hanging out with friends.
18. Pet peeve when traveling?
Tyler: Crying babies and strangers sleeping on me.
19. Top two things still on your bucket list?
Tyler: Go on a helicopter ride and travel around Europe and Asia.
20. On an airplane, would you rather sleep, read, work on a computer, or talk with the person sitting next to you?