Our latest installment of profiles with our 2017 Senior National Team members features male lightweight Jaysen Ishida of Waikele, Hawaii.
1. What is your favorite holiday?
2. Top songs on your phone or music service?
Jaysen: Always on shuffle.
3. If not taekwondo, what sport would you be playing?
Jaysen: Probably be surfing or Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
4. Favorite pro sports team in the U.S.?
Jaysen: I don't have a favorite.
5. If you had access to a time machine, where and when would you go?
Jaysen: Definitey travel to the future and visit myself.
6. Favorite venue and city to compete at internationally?
Jaysen: Manchester, UK.
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Jaysen: Already living there! In Hawaii.
8. What is the first thing you notice about someone when you first meet?
Jaysen: Their shoes.
9. Best place you have competed at in the States?
Jaysen: San Diego, California.
10. Age you became a taekwondo fan?
Jaysen: Age 15? I remember watching matches from the 2007 World Championships on YouTube or something and started to really become a fan.
11. What is the one luxury item that you could not do without?
12. Sport you're best at other than taekwondo?
Jaysen: Air hockey.
13. If you could trade lives with anyone for one day, who would that be?
Jaysen: Anthony Bourdain
14. Instagram or Snapchat?
15. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Jaysen: Netflix and NBA2k17. Jensen Ishida and my teammates are still trying to beat me. #undefeated.
16. Top two things still on your bucket list?
Jaysen: Learn how to speak Korean fluently, and go skydiving.
17. Early bird or night owl?
18. What is your favorite television program?
Jaysen: "The Office".
19. What luxury item do you wish you could invent?
Jaysen: A medical device used to save lives or something.
20. What is your favorite season -- winter, spring, summer or fall?