Get to know a little bit more about Senior National Team finweight Logan Gerick in our latest installment of 20 Questions.
1. It's Sunday morning, what are you having for breakfast?
Logan: I would most likely be having egg whites and an assortment of fruit.
2. If you didn't compete in taekwondo, what else would you be doing?
Logan: Playing soccer in high school was one of my favorite things and would have carried it over to playing collegiately.
3. Who's your hero?
Logan: My brother (Trenton), even though he was tough on me at times, he always had my back and is there for me.
4. Last book you couldn't put down?
Logan: "The Hobbit".
5. Who was your childhood celebrity crush?
6. What's playing on your IPod right now?
Logan: Kid Ink "Full Speed" or Chris Brown's "Fan of a Fan".
7. If you could see one concert, what would it be?
Logan: Kid Cudi is one of my favorite artists, so I think my first concert I see would most likely be his.
8. What's the best thing about your hometown?
Logan: I consider my hometown to be Yorba Linda, Calif., having spent 10 years making lifelong, incredible friends. The great thing about Yorba Linda is everything is only 30 minutes away, whether it was snowboarding, dirt biking, or the beach. You could be there for a day and still make it home for Mom's cooking.
9. What's your weirdest habit?
Logan: I usually will smell food I haven't tried to determine if I'll eat it or not.
10. What's your biggest pet peeve?
Logan: People offering me dessert while I am cutting weight.
11. What's your fast food guilty pleasure?
Logan: Sonic's Oreo Blast with extra Oreos...the biggest size they have!
12. What was your most embarrassing moment?
Logan: Having to freestyle in front of all the National Team coaches and Mr. Harris.
13. Which person, alive or dead, would you like to have dinner with?
Logan: Selena Gomez...and it would definitely be a date!
14. What's your favorite vacation destination?
Logan: My favorite place to vacation and relax is with friends in California. Glamis Dunes, snowboarding Big Bear Mountain, or just hanging out at Huntington Beach pier.
15. What is your favorite TV show?
Logan: "The Office" -- and my favorite character is Michael Scott.
16. What's your dream car?
Logan: 2015 dark gray Stingray Corvette.
17. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
Logan: Definitely to be able to have super speed; I always have thought Dash from "The Incredibles" was really cool!
18. What's the one thing you haven't done that you'd love to do?
Logan: It would be between surfing in Hawaii and sky diving. I think the adrenaline rush would be awesome and getting to experience the view from the sky or the ocean would be simply amazing.
19. If someone was buying you dinner, you're having...
Logan: Hot wings, sweet potato fries, and onion rings.
20. What are your words to live by?
Logan: Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through He who strengthens me."