USATT Updates Coaching Excellence Certification Program
USATT Certified Coaches Receive Full Benefits Under New Coaching License Program
(Colorado Springs, CO – January 26, 2021) – USA Table Tennis (“USATT”), the National Governing Body for the sport of table tennis, today announced the organization’s updated policies related to the USATT Coaching Excellence Certification Program, which include the details of the USATT Certified Coaches’ benefit package and the implementation of an annual coaching licensing fee.
It is important to note that, as a part of USATT’s policies on the organization’s Comprehensive Liability Insurance Coverages announced earlier this month, all persons engaged in coaching activities at USATT Member Clubs must be fully USATT Certified in order for those coaching activities to be considered a covered activity under that Insurance Policy.
For those persons already certified under USATT’s Coaching Certification Program, USATT will continue to recognize the organization’s four traditional levels of coaching: (i) Club; (ii) State; (iii) Regional; and (iv) National. For those persons interested in becoming USATT Certified Coaches, there are essentially three available avenues for certification.
The first is to undertake and complete USATT’s recently implemented On-Line Coaching Excellence Program, the first stage of which has been launched to certify persons at the Club Coaching Level: https://www.teamusa.org/usa-table-tennis/coaches-and-officials/coach-certification-and-courses. Over time, it is expected that the on-line offerings will also be progressively expanded to offer courses for certification at the State, Regional, and National Levels. USATT will also continue to recognize previous certified training and education provided to coaches through the International Table Tennis Federation. Finally, USATT’s Coaching Committee will also evaluate and consider certifications awarded by table tennis federations outside of the United States for equivalent recognition in the USATT Coaching Excellence Certification Program on a case-by-case basis.
In order to maintain USATT Coaching Certification, all coaches must be a current USATT Pro Member, SafeSport Compliant, and submit a signed USATT Coaches Code of Conduct form to USATT Headquarters. In addition, beginning on March 1, 2021, all USATT Certified Coaches will be required to pay an annual $50 licensing fee, which can be paid at the following link:
USATT Certified Coaches receive the following benefits:
- Name, State and Coaching Level Recognition on USATT’s Website;
- Name, State and Coaching Level Recognition in USATT’s Weekly Newsletter, “The Insider”;
- Access to All SafeSport Tutorials Offered by the US Center for SafeSport;
- Coverage of Costs Associated with the Mandatory Biennial Criminal Background Check for USATT SafeSport Compliance;
- Authorization and Coverage of Costs for a Coaching Credential at the US Nationals, US Open, National and International US Team Trials, and State and Regional Qualification Tournaments;
- Comprehensive Liability Insurance Coverage for Coaching Activities at USATT Member Clubs; and
- Personal Accidental Injury Insurance Coverage for Injuries Related to Table Tennis Coaching Activities.
Please note that the cost of the annual licensing fee is already included for one year for those persons who complete the On-Line Coaching Excellence Certification Program.
Questions regarding USATT’s Coaching Excellence Certification Program and policies and processes related to that certification should be directed to Tina Ren (Tina.Ren@USATT.org).