Nine States to Host Inaugural US Nationals State Qualification Tournaments
Winners of State Qualification Events Will Gain Automatic Entry to Main Draw in That Event
at US Nationals in Las Vegas in July
(Colorado Springs, CO – January 11, 2021) – USA Table Tennis (“USATT”), the National Governing Body for the sport of table tennis, today announced that USATT Member Clubs in nine states have been selected to serve to host the first-ever US Nationals Table Tennis Championships State Qualification Tournaments (“SQTs”).
The SQTs offer up to thirty-one different events, and the winners of each event at these SQTs will receive automatic qualification to the Main Draw of that specific event at the 2021 US National Table Tennis Championships, which are scheduled to be held at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on July 4 – 9, 2021. USATT will also waive the entry fee for those winners into that specific event (only) at the National Championship in Las Vegas.
The nine states – with the host club and tournament dates – currently participating in the inaugural SQTs are:
1. California – Santa Monica College – DATE: TBD
2. Florida – Broward Table Tennis Club, Inc. – March 20 – 21, 2021
3. Georgia – East Cobb Sports – February 27 – 28, 2021
4. Massachusetts – Westford Table Tennis Club – March 27 – 28, 2021
5. New Jersey – Princeton Pong – March 13 – 14, 2021
6. New York – Westchester Table Tennis Center – March 20 – 21, 2021
7. North Carolina – Triangle Badminton and Table Tennis – March 13 -14, 2021
8. Ohio – Columbus Table Tennis Club – March 6 – 28, 2021
9. Texas – San Antonio Table Tennis Club – DATE: TBD
In order to participate in the SQT, a participant must be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the state in which the SQT is being held. Proof of citizenship and residency is required. The prospectus, which lists the rules and qualification requirements for the SQTs, can be viewed at the Omnipong website (www.omnipong.com) and at the Tournament Schedule page on the USATT website (https://www.teamusa.org/usa-table-tennis/events).
Registration for the SQTs can be finalized through Omnipong. Please note that each SQT prospectus contains the contact information for the Tournament Director hosting that particular SQT, and questions regarding the local tournament operations in a specific state can be directed to the TD. For more general questions regarding the SQTs, please contact USATT at: Admin@usatt.org.
USATT Member Clubs in other states who are interested in hosting an SQT can contact Mark Thompson (Mark.Thompson@usatt.org) for more information.