USATT Insider poses 11 questions to Scott Butler.
11 Questions with Scott Butler
1) Why do you play?
Exercise, relationships, and competition in that order.
2) Which is your favorite tournament?
Cary Cup. Great competition, players, and Mike Babuin’s commitment to table tennis.
3) Who is your primary nemesis?
I don’t really have one. At my age…I may be a nemesis for others?
4) What is your favorite game tactic to score?
5) Thoughts on the Poly Ball.
Anything to slow the game down is good for us old guys. I think they are fine.
8) Toughest Loss?
Can’t really think of one. I am a pretty consistent player….do not lose to players below 2200 and can’t beat players over 2400 right now.
7) Greatest Win?
Cannot think of one that really stands out….I did beat Dr. Tuan at the Nationals Over40 and lost to my brother in the Quarters in three close games.
8) How you prepare for a tournament?
Play a couple times before a tournament with my 1800 player partner. Focus on playing games.
9) When you see a new player at the club?
I will play with them and get to know them.
10) Player you would most like to play in a tournament?
I do not have anyone in particular.
11) If you had to face Jimmy Butler, Lily Zhang or Kanak Jha what would your game plan be?