Larry Rose - USATT Tournament Advisory Committee Chair
11 Questions with Larry Rose
1) Why do you play?
For fun and exercise
2) Which is your favorite tournament?
Generally, any one where I get to play a good number of competitive matches in great conditions
3) Who is your primary nemesis?
Gordon Kaye seems to think he deserves top billing - but my weekly matches with Allen Cornelius are always great.
4) What is your favorite game tactic to score?
Loop down the line.
5) Thoughts on the Poly Ball.
Not a big fan, and I hope the cost per ball comes down while quality increases.
6) Toughest Loss?
Too many to mention.
7) Greatest Win?
1986 US National U-1350 Championship match. I barely escaped the preliminary Round Robin, and got stronger throughout the event, winning handily.
8) How you prepare for a tournament?
I work 50-60 hours a week, play 3 hours a week, and don't get enough exercise besides (see question 6).
9) When you see a new player at the club, what do you do?
Welcome them, and try to keep them entertained
10) Player you would most like to play in a tournament?
I seem to have Mike Sturtevant's number.
11) If you had to face Kanak Jha what would your game plan be?Focus on winning the last point!