USATT Insider poses 11 questions to Scott Preiss (on right!)
11 Questions with Scott Preiss
1) Why do you play?
Because it is the most amazing sport a human can play.
2) Which is your favorite tournament?
The World Table Tennis Championships
3) Who is your primary nemesis?
Dr. Suguru Araki, Laurence Blair Gold
4) What is your favorite game tactic to score?
High Toss Serve Deception
5) Thoughts on the Poly Ball.
There is nothing wrong with the sport, there never was.
6) Toughest Loss?
Losing to Brandon Olsen in the 2500's while have double match point at Caesers Palace
7) Greatest Win?
Ricky Seemiller in the 2500's at the US National Table Tennis Championships, I was 2180.
8) How you prepare for a tournament?
Mentally, be hydrated, eat only good quality food, and find quiet time.
9) When you see a new player at the club, what do you do?
Give them my 100 foot serve with 1257 revolutions per second.
10) Player you would most like to play in a tournament?
My son Austin.
11) If you had to face Jimmy Butler, Lily Zhang or Kanak Jha what would your game plan be?
Go for the Jugular Vein, while being a gentlemen with good etiquette.