2015 ITTF/USATT Hopes Program Update
Congratulations to all HOPES athletes and their families! Alameda TTC and AITTA ran terrific camps and tournaments. Please click here for Alameda and here for AITTA camp and tournament results. We also have some great photos from Alameda from AITTA.
The USA Team of twelve have now been selected to play against an equal sized Canadian HOPES contingent to determine, the sole boy and girl to represent North America at the HOPES International Camp and Tournament in Shanghai China from June 29 - July 5 2015. This continental HOPES tournament will be held in Toronto, Canada between May 15 - May 17 2015.
The 2015 USA HOPES participants are:
- Rachel Sung Automatic Qualifier
- Joanna Sung Automatic Qualifier
- Tina Chen Alameda 1st position
- Angie Tan AITTA 1st position
- Ava Fu Alameda 2nd position
- Tiffany Ke AITTA 2nd position
- Aditya Godhwani Automatic Qualifier
- Nikhil Kumar Automatic Qualifier
- Sahil Puri Alameda 1st position
- Matthew Lu AITTA 1st position
- Shawn Fong Alameda 2nd position
- Len Yang AITTA 2nd position
Should there be cancellations, the USATT Junior Committee is prepared to quickly select alternates to fill vacated positions, based on the results of the two tournaments and historical table tennis ratings.
Please take a moment to acknowledge the hard work of all Hopes participants and to wish the USA Hopes youth the best of luck in Canada. Thank you Alameda and AITTA for hosting the Hopes camps and qualification tournaments!
Ben Nisbet – Chair USATT Junior Committee