Willy Leparulo - College Table Tennis's #1 Supporter Extraordinaire
11 Questions with Willy Leparulo
1) Why do you play?
- For fun, for good exercise, to get better.
2) Which is your favorite tournament?
-The NCTTA Championships and any team tournament where you can yell loudly like it is a World Cup Soccer match.
3) Who is your primary nemesis?
- Anyone with long pips or wacky rubber.
4) What is your favorite game tactic to score?
- Backhand serve that looks like dead or underspin but pops up and usually out.
5) Thoughts on the Poly Ball
- Would rather go back to the old ball, but will get used to it if I must.
6) Toughest Loss?
- I try not to remember those lol but maybe losing to Bob Bowlander 8 or 10 years ago after pushing with him (no expedite rule) for what seemed to be almost an hour.
7) Greatest Win?
- https://vimeo.com/101394757 Martin is a great guy and beating him at the Pcola tournament 8 months ago is my best win to date.
8) How you prepare for a tournament?
- Visual imagery: imagining looping, feeling my feet moving, the sound of the squeak of the shoes...I do this a lot.
9) When you see a new player at the club, what do you do?
- Normally I am the first one to say hello and help him or her to find a table to start training on.
10) Player you would most like to play in a tournament?
- Xu Xin....just to see how it is
11) If you had to face Ding Ning what would your game plan be?
- The same as anyone else.