USA Softball, the National Governing Body of Softball in the United States, is seeking applicants for the position of Chief of Staff. The National Office is searching for a highly qualified individual to work closely with the USA Softball Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and senior management team. From day one, the Chief of Staff will have an immediate impact on the productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing program management, and communicating objectives between departments. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration.
Interested applicants should submit the following by April 25, 2021 to USA Softball Chief Executive Officer, Craig Cress: email@example.com
- Resume and three references
Subject Line: APPLICATION FOR CHIEF OF STAFF
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs as a strategic advisor to the CEO and senior management team.
- Represents CEO in meetings, by email, and phone calls with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages the CEO’s calendar and prioritizes their time and schedule.
- Drafts letters, emails, reports, and other correspondence on behalf of the CEO.
- Supports CEO in meetings by taking notes and assuming responsibility for completion of action items.
- Performs as the liaison between CEO and other executives, clients, and stakeholders to ensure consistent communication, ensuring involvement or decision-making in a timely manner.
- Participates with the CEO and senior management team in strategic planning, policy development, and decision-making.
- Ensures timely and effective completion of projects and initiatives of the CEO.
- Researches and recommends new and revised policies and strategies.
- Creates and maintains systems and processes to streamline operations.
- Establishes standards and procedures for hiring and managing the office staff and personnel for the CEO.
- Maintains accurate confidential files and data records.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Time management
- Organizational skills
- Critical thinking
- Positive outlook
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in business administration, finance, or a similar field.
- 5+ years in a business or executive management role.
- Track record of organizing and directing multiple teams and departments.
- Highly experienced with Microsoft for reporting and analytics.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Operating hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm with some after hours and weekends. Salary based on qualifications. USA Softball provides a 401(k) plan with employer contribution as well as a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-provided health, dental, life and disability coverage for its employees, at no cost, with the ability to purchase dependent health and dental coverage.