OKLAHOMA CITY – USA Softball, the National Governing Body of Softball in the United States, is seeking applicants for the position of Chief Financial Officer (CFO). This position becomes available following the retirement of long-time CFO, Mark Loehrs, who has served as the organization’s CFO since 1993.
This individual’s primary responsibility will be overseeing all accounting functions as it relates to the business of USA Softball such as developing, implementing and maintaining annual budgets and working with outside auditors and financial institutions for reports and annual audits. This is a full-time position with the National Office and includes a benefits package.
Interested applicants should include a résumé and three references in an email to Craig Cress (email@example.com). Applications will be accepted until August 21, 2020.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all accounting functions, including but not limited to: General Accounting, Inventory Control, Internal Auditing, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Taxes and Cash Management.
- Develops, implements, monitors and maintains financial and management procedures in accordance with the policies and procedures of USA Softball.
- Attend staff meetings with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to receive direction, plan strategy and update upper management on budget projections, cash flow, financial forecasts and organizational issues.
- Assess and develop monthly budget reports for use by upper management to monitor individual budgets and provide monthly reports to the CEO.
- Stay knowledgeable and inform upper management on current tax and accounting laws and other financial trends that may affect or relate to USA Softball and its day-to-day business.
- Directly supervise accounting personnel including training, reviewing job functions, conducting employee evaluations and making recommendations to the CEO on operational procedures.
- Work with outside auditors and financial institutions for appropriate reports, audit work and financial details necessary to conducting USA Softball business.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Required/Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required. Master’s degree and CPA or CFPO preferred.
- Minimum 3-4 years of public account experience or industry senior management position.
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of non-profit financial statements, budget processes and internal reporting.
- Experience with budget management, public accounting, the audit process and cash flow management.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences, both in written and oral form.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
- Compensation dependent upon skill level and experience.
- Benefits (Medical & Dental) are 100% employer funded.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.