About USA Racquetball
USA Racquetball (USAR) is the National Governing Body for the sport of racquetball, recognized by the U.S. Olympic Committee, and is committed to excellence and service to its members. USA Racquetball provides opportunities for members and enthusiasts to actively participate in the sport through sanctioning of events, administration of programs, and development of competitive teams. USA Racquetball is headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
The Executive Director of USA Racquetball is the Chief Executive Officer of the corporation. He or she is responsible for implementation of policies established in conjunction with the Board of Directors as well as management towards USA Racquetball’s annual and long range plans, including evaluation of and reporting on progress towards those plans. While guidance will be provided, the Executive Director is expected to provide visionary leadership for the organization.
The position of Executive Director reports to the USA Racquetball Board of Directors and is under the direct supervision of the Board President. As part of reporting to the Board, the Executive Director is responsible for keeping the Board informed, working with the President and others to conduct official correspondence and execute legal documents, and to arrange Board of Director meetings in collaboration with the President and Executive Committee.
- Recruit and retain competent staff members to fill the management and administrative roles.
- Oversee employee development, training and succession planning.
- Develop and maintain employee relations policies and documentation.
- Administrate annual performance assessments and improvement plans.
- Ensure compliance with Human Resources regulations and reporting requirements.
- Manage any contract personnel that may serve as project staff or outsourced service providers; e.g., national tournament staff, accountants, et al.
- Communications, Marketing, and Public Relations
- Develop close working relationships with a broad and diverse group of key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, related groups and organizations, manufacturers, event participants, volunteers, host club venues, sponsors, and donors.
- Publicize the activities of the association, its goals, and its programs through the use of press releases, social media, print marketing, and at host venues.
- Oversee creation of content for press releases and print marketing materials, as well as production and distribution of print marketing and publicity materials by working closely with staff, designers and editors.
- Organize the availability of association members for media and/or public relations events, as necessary.
- Demonstrate leadership by being highly visible and interactive with all constituencies when attending national and international events.
- Finance and Budget
- Develop and ensure sound financial practices, including preparation of monthly and annual budgets.
- Ensure the association operates within budget guidelines to maintain a consistent positive net operating income.
- Provide the Treasurer, the Executive Committee, and the Finance Committee with regular and accurate financial information.
- Revenue Generation
- Develop the sport by increasing membership, participation, and grassroots programs.
- Identify potential future promoters and supporters of the association by utilizing existing and/or personal contacts and developing new relationships.
- Raise funds through sponsorships and grants with particular emphasis on sources outside of the sport.
- Ensure adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its mission.
In order to be considered for the position of Executive Director, an applicant must meet the following qualifications:
- Transparent, high integrity leader possessing strong organizational, motivational, collaboration, innovation skills, and an impeccable work ethic.
- Passion for and ability to convey the mission and vision of USA Racquetball to a diverse group of volunteers, participants, and donors.
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate board, staff members, and volunteers.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information.
- Highly developed administrative, financial, and personnel management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, public speaking, and presentation skills, as well as strong computer skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills to create positive working relationships with clients, co-workers, and the general public
- Expertise in fundraising, managing fundraising strategies, and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector with proven results.
- Over 21 years old and fluent in the English language.
- Complete SafeSport training and background check prior to hire.
Preferences include the following:
- Five or more years of senior nonprofit management and leadership experience.
- Four-year degree from an accredited university
- Background in recreation and sports program management
- Fluency in Spanish
The Executive Director position is a full time salaried, exempt position, with excellent benefits. Salary commensurate with experience and other qualifications. USA Racquetball is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Please send full resume and/or inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.