The Union Internationale de Pentathlon Moderne (UIPM) has issued a statement in relation to a ruling announced today by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).
The statement reads: “UIPM welcomes today’s ruling by CAS to dismiss the appeal, along with all the claims and provisional measures, filed by the Danish Modern Pentathlon Association – assisted by the Outer Temple Chambers (London, UK) – on February 13 and confirm the award rendered on February 1 by the UIPM Court of Arbitration.
“UIPM takes very seriously its legal responsibilities and abides by the UIPM Constitution and Statutes in all decision-making processes.
“The CAS ruling confirms the legality of the decision taken by the UIPM Executive Board and enables UIPM to continue its democratic and transparent efforts to provide a secure future for Modern Pentathlon in the Olympic Games through the New Pentathlon Discipline process.
“To provide more context, it is important to note that the CAS award rules that:
- The appeal filed by the Danish Modern Pentathlon Association on 13 February 2022 is dismissed;
- The award rendered by the UIPM Court of Arbitration on 1 February 2022 is confirmed;
- The costs of the arbitration [...] shall be borne by the Danish Modern Pentathlon Association;
- The Danish Modern Pentathlon Association is ordered to pay to the UIPM a total amount of [...] as contribution towards the expenses incurred in connection with these arbitration proceedings;
- All other motions or prayers for relief are dismissed.