ANNOUNCEMENT AND NOTICE FOR NOMINATIONS FOR USAPM ATHLETE ADVISORY COUNCIL AND BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Nov. 24, 2021, 12 a.m. (ET)
The USAPM is holding elections for the USAPM Athlete Advisory Council (AAC) Representative and AAC Representative Alternate and the USAPM Athlete Board position. All three (3) of the Athlete representatives shall serve on the USAPM Board of Directors. The Elections will be held December 16 – 20, 2021 and will be conducted pursuant to USAPM Bylaws Article 7.6.2 and Article 11. Any Qualified Athletes interested in serving as the AAC Representative, AAC Representative Alternate or Board Athlete Member shall submit a Resume and Letter of Intent to Monica Fling at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 8, 2021. Qualified Athletes may seek to file for either or both positions. The list of Qualified Athletes along with their letters of intent and resume will be submitted to Qualified Athlete voters on December 11, 2021.
Athletes qualified to seek election and vote are defined by USAPM Bylaws Articles 7.6.2; Article 11.2; and Article 11.3. All Qualified Athletes are urged to provide and send their email address to Monica Fling at email@example.com. Voting will be conducted via email unless other arrangements have been made prior to the election dates.
Qualified Athletes will be able to vote in both elections – AAC Representative and Athlete Board Representative. The athlete receiving the most votes in the AAC election will be elected the USAPM AAC Representative and the athlete receiving the second most votes will be the USAPM AAC Alternate Representative. The athlete receiving the most votes for the Athlete Board Representative position (and not already accepting either of the AAC Representative positions) will become the USAPM Athlete Board Representative.
The term of office will be through December 2024 at the end of the Olympic Quadrennium.
A brief description of the Athletes Advisory Council as well as duties and responsibilities for those of you who are unfamiliar with the AAC.
- Participate and approve Selection Systems including but not limited to: Olympic Game Selection, Pan Am Game Selection, Senior, Junior, Youth and Masters World Cup/World Championships Team Selection, Team Leader Selection, Youth Olympic Games Selection, and any other events that arise during your term as Representative.
- Participate and approve yearly High-Performance Plan.
- Be a member of USAPM Board of Directors and serve on committees as required to fulfill 33% (as of 2022) athlete participation rule (Ted Stevens Amateur Sports Act).
- Attend all meetings (4 per year with a minimum of one in-person meeting) and participate in AAC Task Forces and Initiatives.
- Maintain the list of eligible USAPM athletes per the 10 year and 10+ year rule.
- AAC Reps are responsible for nominating reps to the USOPC Board of Directors, USADA, PASO, US Olympic Endowment, to name a few, they also choose the ASC Reps for the Olympic and Pan Am Games, as well as nominate an Ombudsman if there is a vacancy in the position.
- See attached Roles and Responsibilities for a more complete list and additional information.
You can familiarize yourself with the AAC here https://www.teamusa.org/Team-USA-Athlete-Services/Athletes-Advisory-Council