COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - September 3, 2020 - USA Field Hockey would like to invite all to attend the free, online 2020 National Rules Briefing on Monday, September 14 at 8:00 p.m. ET. This year’s National Rules Briefing will be shown as a “live” Microsoft Teams Event. All attendees will be able to get all information firsthand and have the ability to ask questions in a live chat room.
The National Rules Briefing will last 1-hour and conclude with a 15 minute period to answer questions. Topics that will be covered will be in association with the International Hockey Federation (FIH), USA Field Hockey, National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) Rules.
- Rule changes for 2020
- Free Hit Management: close to the circle and around the field
- Intentional fouls inside the 25-yard line
- Aerial Balls: defining “clear” space and timing of the decision
- Contesting for the ball vs. physical play
- Impacts on the game from the sideline
- Umpiring communication and protocols
Use the link above to access the live event as an attendee on Monday, September 14. It is recommended to sign in as anonymous, so you can be part of the event without an account.
The live event will be available to re-watch beginning the morning of Tuesday, September 15.