LOUISVILLE, Ky. - November 17, 2017 - Get ready for an exciting weekend full of field hockey! The NCAA Final Four games for all divisions take place in Louisville, Ky. with Semifinal Games on Friday, November 17 and the Championship Games on Sunday, November 19. In addition to the NCAA National Championship, the Victory Sport Tours/National Field Hockey Coaches Association Senior Games take place on Friday and Saturday. In addition, USA Field Hockey has worked with the Louisville Sports Commission and the Kentucky Field Hockey Coaches Association to plan several additional fun events for new and experienced players and fans as well as coaches and umpires of all levels.
Below is a full schedule of what the NCAA Final Four weekend looks:
Friday, November 17, 2017
- Friday features six semifinal games:
- Friday evening features the Victory Sports Tours/NFHCA Division I Senior Game at 7:00 p.m. ET or immediately following the Division I Semifinal game.
Saturday, November 18, 2017
- Get together at The Sports & Social Club in Louisville's Downtown area from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. ET. This is an opportunity to mix and mingle with fellow field hockey fans and win some great door prizes!
- Victory Sports Tours/NFHCA Division III Senior Game at 5:00 p.m. ET
- Victory Sports Tours/NFHCA Division II Senior Game at 7:00 p.m. ET
Sunday, November 19, 2017
There's something for everyone on Sunday morning before the NCAA Championship games begin.
- New and Experienced Players - New and experienced players are invited to a Celebration of Field Hockey and Learn to Play Day at Mercy Academy from 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m ET. This event is free for kids 5 and up, as well as parents. No experience is necessary and equipment is provided to those that do not have it. This is also your chance to meet and play with three-time Olympian and former captain of the U.S. Women’s National Team, Lauren Crandall. She will be assisting with the event and signing autographs. This event will be held rain or shine. A special thank you to Mercy Academy for hosting! Click here to register. If you are a coach, click here to register. Volunteer coaches are welcome as well.
- Coaches - Coaches of all levels are invited to join a panel discussion and Q&A with experienced NCAA coaches at the University of Louisville from 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. ET. Mark Blankenbaker, Bellarmine University Head Coach, will be our moderator. Panelists include Justine Sowry, University of Louisville Head Coach, and Jenelle Anthony, Centre College Head Coach. Discussion will focus on attack and defense strategies and what to watch for in the championship games. This event is free and all interested are welcome to attend. Click here to register.
- Umpires - Umpires of all levels are invited to the University of Louisville from 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m ET on Sunday morning for a panel discussion featuring NCAA and international umpires. Chip Rogers, NCAA Umpire and Miami University assistant coach, will be our moderator. Topics will include game management and what to watch for in the championship games. This event is free and all interested are welcome to attend. Click here to register.
Finally, the main event! The NCAA National Championship Games!
The NCAA Championship Game schedule is as follows. All matches are taking place at the University of Louisville’s Trager Field.
- 11:00 a.m. ET – Division II
- 2:00 p.m. ET – Division I
- 5:00 p.m. ET – Division III
USA Field Hockey looks forward to a weekend full of field hockey in Louisville, Ky.!
Click here for a printable full schedule of events including addresses to the locations for all games.