FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nov. 9, 2020
2021 World Junior Men’s Curling Championship Playdown Cancelled
(STEVENS POINT, Wis.) – With the health and safety of the participants and host community top of mind, USA Curling has canceled the junior men’s playdown event, tentatively scheduled December 3-6, 2020.
This playdown was to determine the junior men’s team to represent the United States at the 2021 World Junior Curling Championships, scheduled February 18-28, 2021 in Beijing, China.
As stated in the athlete selection procedures for the 2021 World Junior Curling Championships, if USA Curling is unable to host the playdown due to the ongoing pandemic, a junior men’s team will be chosen to represent the United States based on the following criteria:
- Team must have three members from the 2020 Junior National Championships
- Team must have international experience
- Team must demonstrate initiative and dedication to being an elite level junior curling team
- Team must have access to ice
- Results from events from October 15, 2020 - January 4, 2021 will be considered
- Team must agree to strictly abide by all COVID-19 guidelines for the World Junior Curling Championships outlined by the WCF and USOPC
- Team must agree to the Athlete Agreement
USA Curling’s National Coaching Staff will notify and announce the selected team by January 6, 2021.
Should you have any questions regarding this process, please contact Jessica Schultz (firstname.lastname@example.org).