USA Curling is excited to announce a new voting process for the End of the Year Awards, part of which includes fan participation!
While the achievements of coaches and athletes are recognized everyday, their dedication to the game is celebrated annually via the nomination and awarding of the following categories:
- Athlete of the Year: Awarded to one male athlete, one female athlete and one wheelchair athlete. The athletes nominated for this award have exhibited excellence both on and off the ice. Meaning, the athlete embodies The Spirit of Curling and has demonstrated a strong commitment to competitive achievement.
- Team of the Year: Awarded to one team that exhibits sportsmanship, integrity and top performance in their field.
- Coach of the Year: Nominees will have led a team to achieve outstanding success in an honorable way.
- Developmental Coach of the Year: Awarded to one coach who is dedicated to contributing to the development of athletes who are on the pursuit of amplifying their skill to the next level. To qualify as a nominee, developmental coaches must not have coached a team to a national championship title in the year that they have been nominated.
The nominations for each award category are determined by USA Curling's National Team Coaching Staff. The voting for award recipients will be opened to five groups of stakeholders that include:
- Fans: One week of unlimited voting.
- Peers: All competitors of the previous year's Men's and Women's National Championships and the Wheelchair National Team.
- Hall of Fame Committee: Current committee responsible for inducting nominees into the USA Curling Hall of Fame.
- Coaches: All registered coaches from the previous season.
- Board of Directors: Directors serving on the board at the time of voting.
Cast your vote for the 2019-20 Award Winners by clicking here and completing the ballot! Voting to fans will close at the end of the day on July 20, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.