Update: The application process for the 2020-21 season is now closed - effective Sept. 10, 2020.
(STEVENS POINT, Wis.) -- USA Curling is proud to announce the opening of the application process for the inaugural USA Wheelchair Curling Mixed Doubles Team selection.
Email the completed application package to firstname.lastname@example.org using “MD APPLICATION PACKAGE” as the subject line. Applications are due no later than 5:00 PM (Central Time) on 10 September 2020. Incomplete entries or entries received after this deadline will not be considered for registration.
- Applicants will register as an individual, clearly stating their gender (Mixed Doubles is a Co-Ed sport).
- Applicants must have a confirmed classification status with the WCF or have a disability that meets the current WCF classification guidelines.
- For the inaugural season of Wheelchair Curling Mixed Doubles, an athlete may compete on only one National Team. Athletes selected to the Wheelchair Curling National “A” Team may apply for selection to the Wheelchair Curling Mixed Doubles National Team but must decide for which team they intend to participate on at time of application to the Mixed Doubles selection.
- The Selection Committee will be comprised of at least the following individuals: National Wheelchair Curling Mixed Doubles Coach, Team Leader or HP Director, AAC Rep (AB or Para), or designated alternate, and Prior US Curling National Team Athlete, any discipline.
- The Selection Committee will review the applications and, at a minimum, rank order the top three athletes of each gender. The top ranking male and female athlete will be nominated to the Mixed Doubles National Team. The announcement for those selected to the team will be made by 17 September 2020.
- If a selected athlete must leave the team for any reason, the Selection Committee will nominate, in order, the next available athlete from the gender specific rank order listing.
- Applicants must submit all required documents (as listed in the application) by the application deadline for the application to be considered complete. Any application deemed incomplete at the deadline will not be considered.