FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 30, 2019
HPP mixed doubles teams announced
(STEVENS POINT, Wis.) – Seven mixed doubles teams for the 2019-20 season have been announced as part of USA Curling’s High Performance Program (HPP).
The duos include the following athletes:
- Sarah Anderson (Minneapolis, Minn.) and Korey Dropkin (Duluth, Minn.)
- Cory Christensen (Duluth, Minn.) and John Shuster (Superior, Wis.)
- Becca Hamilton and Matt Hamilton (both of McFarland, Wis.)
- Tabitha Peterson (St. Paul, Minn.) and Joe Polo (Duluth, Minn.)
- Vicky Persinger (Fairbanks, Alaska) and Chris Plys (Duluth, Minn.)
- Alex (Carlson) Agre (St. Paul, Minn.) and Derrick McLean (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Madison Bear (Minneapolis, Minn.) and Andrew Stopera (Briarcliff Manor, N.Y.)
In addition, Polo, a two-time Olympic medalist, has been added to Team Korey Dropkin to make a five-man team. USA Curling’s mixed doubles program had a stellar 2018-19 campaign, which included four international medals and one World Curling Tour (WCT) title win. Anderson and Dropkin accounted for two Curling World Cup medals (silver and bronze), a silver at the Audi Quattro Winter Games and became the first U.S. team to win a mixed doubles WCT event outside the U.S. when they won the Qualico Mixed Doubles Classic in Banff, Alberta. Christensen and Shuster won bronze at the 2019 World Mixed Doubles Championship to mark the second medal won at this event in its short history.
To learn more about USA Curling’s HPP, go to https://www.teamusa.org/usa-curling/for-athletes/high-performance-program.
USA Curling is sponsored by AtomOS, CryoMAX 8-Hour Cold Pack, Franklin Group, ISS (Ice, Sports & Solar), Sitrin, Thorne, Toyota, Traveler’s Choice, and Twin Cities Orthopedics, and is partnered with Brakebush, Laurie Artiss Ltd. – The Pin People, United Airlines, 12th End Sports Network, IHG, and CurlingZone.
For more information: Terry Davis, Director of Communications, email@example.com, 608-338-9900 (mobile).