USA Boxing announced today the application process for the Grassroots Grant Program is now online and will accept applications until Wednesday, Sept. 30. Gyms/clubs need to only submit one application per location.
The grant program, which was created to provide support for up to 50 USA Boxing registered clubs/gyms that have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, is funded by the USA Boxing Foundation and funds raised during the recent Giving Games.
Clubs/gyms that apply for the grant must meet the following requirements to be considered for the grant:
- Have been a registered gym/club the last three years (2018-2020)
- Have a minimum of at least five athlete members registered the past three years
- Not been suspended in the last 10 years (2010 to date)
- Have an existing gym/club in a non-residential establishment
A committee composed of various members (USA Boxing Foundation, USA Boxing Board of Directors, LBC Board of Directors, coach and athlete rep(s)) will determine which applicants will be awarded a grant package which includes:
- Reimbursement of “Operating” expenses up to $750 (For example: rent, utilities, fees, etc.)
- Proof of expenditures required
- USA Boxing gloves/headgear valued at $270
- 2021 Club Membership renewal paid (valued at $180)
To submit your application to the grant program, complete the fillable form below.
Please note that not all applicants will be awarded a grant.