As we get closer to the 2020 National Championships, USA Boxing will provide a series of recommendations to prepare boxers and coaches attending the event in Shreveport, La.
30 days out – November 5th
14 days out – November 21st
3 days out – December 2nd
Firstly, USA Boxing recommends breaking your gym into two different “training pods”. One pod that will be attending the 2020 Nationals Championships and the other who will remain in the local community.
If someone in the National Championship pod test positive for Covid-19 have them self-isolate for 10 days. If the event is set to occur within this 10-day window this person will not be able to participate.
If you or someone in your pod tests positive for Covid-19 at the 2020 Nationals Championships pod members may be subject to contact tracing and quarantine.
If your individual school is quarantining for a possible outbreak 10 days before the tournament you will not be allowed to box in the 2020 National Championships.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
• Isolation separates sick people with a contagious disease from people who are not sick.
• Quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease to see if they become sick.
14 Days Out
- Recommend wearing mask in all public settings
- Refrain from indoor bars or restaurants
- Monitor your health, track symptoms
- Avoid traveling by commercial vehicles (rideshare, bus, taxi, trains)
- Stay home when possible
- Avoid social gatherings in places like sporting events, restaurants, bars and movie theaters
- Avoid touching high-touch surfaces such as handrails, and wash hands or use hand sanitizers as soon as possible after leaving a venue
- Limit travel outside of local community
- Begin planning pre-event and post-event strategies
What to pack
- 3 or more masks
- Hand sanitizer
- Personal water bottle