In light of recent developments with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and after extensive consultation with the USOPC (United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee), medical experts, legal counsel and Board of Directors President Chair, Tyson Lee, USA Boxing is suspending all sanctioned events through March 31st. This is a very difficult decision given we are in the midst of Golden Gloves tournaments and entering the qualification timeframe for the 2020 Junior Olympics; however USA Boxing’s greatest concern is for the health and safety of all boxers, coaches, officials and physicians.
USA Boxing will review as circumstances evolve and more information becomes available and provide an update to membership by the end of March.
All events will be able to reschedule their shows at later dates. USA Boxing will not accept any new sanctioned event requests through at least April 15th. Refunds will not be given at this time, but you may reschedule your show for a later date.
Clubs and Gyms may continue training, however, they should limit participation to boxers and coaches, and discourage folks who “want to watch” to help reduce the risk of spreading the Coronavirus.
As a reminder, please remember these helpful instructions for your local clubs and gyms.
1. If sick, please stay home
2. Clean gym equipment/space thoroughly and often
3. Wash hands often with warm soapy water for 20 seconds
4. Avoid shaking hands, and try not to touch the face, eyes, or nose
5. Follow good personal hygiene after every boxing practice, including showering with soap and water and washing uniforms after use.