Coronavirus Update (3-4-2020)

March 04, 2020, 11:28 a.m. (ET)

Dear USA Badminton members and parents,

 

USA Badminton is closely monitoring the current COVID-19 situation and the potential for further disruptions within the United States. The health and safety of our membership continues to be our top priority. USAB does not currently have plans to postpone or cancel any events but this may change as we will monitor the progress of the disease daily to inform decision-making in consultation with the appropriate authorities.  

 

USA Badminton continues to follow guidelines released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CDC acknowledges the COVID-19 situation is "dynamic". While the CDC recommends avoiding nonessential travel to certain countries, and "usual precautions" for travel to a few countries, the CDC is not recommending any limits on U.S.-based travel at this time. We do, however, understand the badminton community's concerns regarding travel and prioritize player and family safety as paramount.

 

In regards to the upcoming JIT scheduled for April 10-13th in Mukilteo, Washington, please see the Statement on COVID-19 Response in Snohomish County and follow the updates at https://snohomishcountywa.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1769.  The Washington State Department of Health has established a call center to address questions from the public. If you have questions about what is happening in Washington, how the virus is spread, and what to do if you have symptoms, please call 1-800-525-0127 and press #. 

 

USA Badminton will continue to provide updates to inform the community of any changes to policies or impact to USAB programs and events as a result of COVID-19.

 

Sincerely,

 

Linda French (Interim CEO), USA Badminton

 

 

Additional resources:

WHO: Novel Coronavirus

CDC: Situation Summary 2019 Novel Coronavirus 

OSHA: Novel Coronavirus

Coronavirus FAQs