USA Badminton is pleased to announce the Junior Advisory Group (JAG) representatives for Region 1 (Michele Cruz), Region 2 (Shannon Pohl Mitchell), Region 4 (Katy Li) and Region 5 (Dung Truong).
The JAG Membership Term of Service is for two (2) years. Thank you to all JAG Representatives for their service to USAB!
The current JAG Representative for each region are as follows:
The Junior Advisory Group (JAG) is a group of individuals (parents and non-parents) who volunteer to represent their respective regions to assist the USA Badminton (USAB) National Office in matters pertaining to junior athlete development.
The Junior Advisory Group (JAG) contributes to:
1. Assisting with site development for the Junior International Trials (JIT) and the other Junior Tournament sites at the regional level.
2. Providing input and working with the High-Performance Advisory Group (HPAG) regarding junior development.
3. Providing support for the national junior ranking system.
4. Identifying regional tournament venues, coordinating junior ranking tournament dates, and supporting and guiding the respective tournament directors regarding junior tournament hosting requirements to ensure that the respective junior ranking tournaments in their regions run smoothly.
5. Providing input for the development of the USAB Junior Ranking Tournament Structure.
6. Supporting coaching development (including the management of the Coach Pass at tournaments).
7. Working with the Coaching Advisory Group (CAG) to support the promotion of the development of badminton, coaching certification, and especially Safe Sport.
The six regions proposed by the IRC and approved as an amendment to the Bylaws at the USAB BOD meeting in Burlingame, CA on February 24, 2018:
Northeast (Region 1)- Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Washington DC, West Virginia, and Virginia.
Midwest (Region 2)- Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Kansas.
Southern (Region 3)- North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Tennessee.
Northwest (Region 4)- Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado.
Southwest (Region 5)- Southern California, all counties south of the San Louis Obispo-Kern-San Bernardino county line, Southern Nevada (Clark County), Arizona, New Mexico, and Hawaii.
Pacific (Region 6)- Northern California, all counties north of the San Louis Obispo-Kern-San Bernardino county line, Northern Nevada (all of Nevada except Clark County), and Utah.