USA Badminton is now accepting applications for the Coach Director position on the USA Badminton Board of Directors.
Interested and qualified USAB Coach members must be compliant with SafeSport and have a background check on file at the time of application and submit the following no later than Tue, Sep 22, 2020, by 11:59 a.m. PST to ContactUs@usabadminton.org.
* A brief cover letter summarizing qualifications, motivation and willingness to serve.
* Current resume/CV with professional, athletic, and governance qualifications.
Please review USAB Bylaws Section 7.6, c, page 14 - https://www.teamusa.org/usa-badminton/about/bylaws, for qualification requirements (copied below)
* Each director of the Board must be a citizen of the United States and eighteen (18) years of age or older.
* Each Coach Director of the Board must be a certified coach of at least USAB HP-1
* The four-year term runs through 2024. No director of the Board shall serve more than two (2) consecutive terms.
Please note the following relative to service on the Board:
* The Board of Directors shall meet at regularly scheduled meetings at least two (2) times per year, one of which may be held by teleconference.
* Board members pay their own way (travel, lodging, and meals) to attend these meetings.
USA Badminton Bylaws:
Section 7.6. Election/Selection. The Board of Directors shall be elected/selected as follows:
c. Coach Director. The Nominating and Governance Committee shall solicit nominations of at least level 1 certified coaches. The nominees will be considered by the Nominating and Governance Committee. The Nominating and Governance Committee shall select at least two (2) individuals, assuming at least two are nominated and meet the minimum requirements, from those nominated who shall then stand for election. All current USAB coach members shall then vote for the Board director. Each USAB coach member shall have one (1) vote. The individual with the highest vote total is elected.
USA Badminton Coach Director Election Timeline:
Tue., Sep. 1, 2020 - Request for nominations and nominating instructions posted online
Tue., Sep. 22, 2020 11:59 a.m. PST - Nominations close
Tue., Oct 6, 2020 - Nominating Committee announcement of selected candidates to stand for election
Wed., Oct 7, 2020 - Voting opens
Wed., Oct 21, 2020 - Voting closes 11:59 a.m. PST
Mon., Oct 26, 2020 - Election results announced