The Nominating and Governance Committee of USA Badminton is now accepting applications for the At-Large Director position on the USA Badminton Board of Directors.
Interested and qualified USAB members must be compliant with SafeSport and have a current background check on file at the time of application and submit the following no later than Wed, Oct. 28, 2020, by 11:59 a.m. PST to ContactUs@usabadminton.org.
* Nomination statement (not more than 200 words) summarizing qualifications, motivation and willingness to serve.
* Current resume/CV or bio with professional and governance qualifications.
Please review USAB Bylaws Section 7.6, e., https://www.teamusa.org/usa-badminton/about/bylaws, for qualification requirements (copied below).
The elections will be overseen by the USAB Nominating and Governance Committee.
A member from each region is eligible to stand for election. USAB recognizes the following six (6) regions.
Region 1: Northeast
Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia
Region 2: Midwest
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wisconsin
Region 3: South
Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas
Region 4: Northwest
Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming
Region 5: Southwest
Southern California all counties south of the San Louis Obispo-Kern-San Bernardino county line, Southern Nevada (Clark County), Arizona, New Mexico, Hawaii
Region 6: Pacific
Northern California, all counties north of the San Louis Obispo-Kern-San Bernardino county line, Northern Nevada (all of Nevada except Clark Country), Utah
* In the event that more than one individual expresses an interest from a particular region, under the Bylaws, the Nominating and Governance Committee is tasked with selecting the candidate who shall stand for election from that region.
* In the event that no individuals express interest from a particular region, the candidate position cannot be filled by an individual from another region.
* All current USAB members shall vote for one (1) director. Each USAB member club shall have one (1) vote. The individual with the highest vote total is elected.
* Each director of the Board must be a citizen of the United States and eighteen (18) years of age or older.
* The four-year term runs through 2024. No director of the Board shall serve more than two (2) consecutive terms.
Please note the following relative to service on the Board:
* The Board of Directors shall meet at regularly scheduled meetings at least two (2) times per year, one of which may be held by teleconference.
* Board members pay their own way (travel, lodging, and meals) to attend these meetings.
USA Badminton Bylaws:
Section 7.6. Election/Selection. The Board of Directors shall be elected/selected as follows:
At-Large Directors (two members). The Nominating and Governance Committee shall solicit nominations of individuals, from USAB’s regions. The nominees will be considered by the Nominating and Governance Committee. From those nominated, the Nominating and Governance Committee shall select one (1) individual from each region who shall then stand for election. All current USAB members shall then vote for one director. Each USAB member club shall have one (1) vote. The individual with the highest vote total is elected. The second At-Large Director shall be chosen by the Inter Region Council. The Inter Region Council representatives are chosen by each of the designated USAB Regions.
USA Badminton At-Large Director Election Timeline:
Wed., Oct. 7, 2020 - Request for nominations and nominating instructions posted online
Wed., Oct. 28, 2020, 11:59 a.m. PST - Nominations close
Wed., Nov. 11, 2020 - Nominating Committee announcement of selected candidates to stand for election
Thur., Nov 12, 2020 - Voting opens
Tue., Nov 24, 2020, 11:59 a.m. PST - Voting closes
Mon., Nov 30, 2020 - Election results announced