The 1st ever edition of the FINA World Youth Artistic Swimming Championships 2019, in which about 330 promising artistic swimming athletes aged between 13-15 years old took part, came to an end in Samorin (SVK) on Sunday September 1 after five days of demonstration of elegance and highly athletic skills.
Similarly to the senior competition, team Russia stood out in Samorin by winning most of the events on the programme, namely the Solo, Duet, Team, Team Free Combination and Figure sessions.
Daria Kirsanova (RUS) excelled in the Solo final and claimed 87.1332/169.6116 points for the gold. In second and third positions were Ukraine's Anastasiia Soldatenkova (85.0332/164.8018) and Spain's Alba Garcia (82.9000/160.6294).
Claire Kim competed in the solo event for the U.S. She finished in 9th place with a score of 76.3668/154.4021.
Violetta Evenko/Diana Mirgazizova of Russia dominated the Duet event by accumulating a strong 87.2000/167.9686 points. Ukraine and Spain also secured the silver and bronze medals at stake in this event with Sofiia Sereda/Anastasiia Soldatenkova (84.0668/163.0325) and Mercedes Diaz/Alba Garcia (82.2332/159.3244) respectively.
The duet pair of Yujin Chang and Emily Ding competed for the U.S., and finished in 12th place with a score of 75.0000/148.6588.
The Russian girls impressed in both Team events as the respectively got 87.9332/168.9158 points in the Team and 88.0000 points in the Free Combination. The Ukrainian and Spanish teams settled for silver and bronze once more (scores below).
The U.S. 13-15 National Team finished the team competition in 8th place. Their final scores were 77.2668/151.8472.
Russia's Victoriia Rodionycheva was the best in the Figure session with 82.7765 points, while teammates Anna Sokolova (82.5922) and Daria Kirsanova (82.4784 4) followed closely.
Kazakhstan pair stunned everyone in the Mixed Duet with a victory. Eduard Kim/Zhaklin Yakimova took gold, scoring 78.9000/155.3735 for their routine, while Spain's Maria Boffil/Dennis Gonzalez ranked second (79.5668/150.9796) and Japan's Hiyori Okano/Youtaro Sato were the last duo on the podium with 76.9332/147.81146.
You can read detailed news reports on FINA website here.
Results in Samorin (SVK)
1.Daria Kirsanova (RUS) 87.1332/169.6116,
2. Anastasiia Soldatenkova (UKR) 85.0332/164.8018
3. Alba Garcia (ESP) 82.9000/160.6294
Mixed Duet Final:
1. Eduard Kim/Zhaklin Yakimova (KAZ) – 78.9000/155.3735,
2. Maria Boffil/Dennis Gonzalez (ESP) – 79.5668/150.9796,
3. Hiyori Okano/Youtaro Sato (JPN) – 76.9332/147.81146
Free Combination Final:
1. Violetta Evenko/Diana Mirgazizova (RUS) 87.2000/167.9686,
2. Sofiia Sereda/Anastasiia Soldatenkova (UKR) 84.0668/163.0325,
3. Mercedes Diaz/Alba Garcia (ESP) 82.2332/159.3244
1. RUS (Violetta Evenko, Daria Kirsanova, Polina Lartseva, Diana Mirgazizova, Daria Ogorodnikova, Aleksandra Prudius, Anna Sokolova, Eva Zelenko, Allia Akhmetzianova – R, Alena Bakai – R, Lyaysyan Mustafina – R, Viktoriia Rodionycheva - R) 87.9332/168.9158
2. UKR (Valeriia Hryhorova, Sofiia Sereda, Anastasiia Shmonina, Anastasiia Soldatenkova, Alisa Sopelnyak, Valeriya Tyschenko, Inha Valkova, Anna Yefimova, Sofiia Matsiievska – R, Arina Shtepliuk – R) 85.9332/162.2653
3. ESP (Claudia C.Ballero, Regina Casino, Aitana Crespo, Mercedez Diaz, Alba Garcia, Marina Garcia, Carolina Lassaletta, Valeria Parra, Carmen Beato – R, Clara Lamagrande – R) 84.4668/160.8445
Team Free Combination:
1. RUS (Alena Bakai, Violetta Evenko, Daria Kirsanova, Polina Lartseva, Diana Mirgazizova, Daria Ogorodnikova, Aleksandra Prudius, Viktoriia Rodionycheva, Anna Sokolova, Eva Zelenko, Alia Akhmetzianova – R, Lyaysyan Mustafina – R) 88.0000
2. UKR (Mariia Bogdanova, Valeriia Hryhorova, Sofiia Matsiievska, Sofiia Sereda, Anastasiia Shmonina, Anastasiia Soldatenkova, Alisa Sopelnyak, Valeriya Tyschenko, Inha Valkova, Anna Yefimova, Mariia Martyntseva – R, Arina Shtepliuk – R) 86.3000
3. ESP (Claudia C.Ballero, Regina Casino, Aitana Crespo, Mercedez Diaz, Alba Garcia, Marina Garcia, Carolina Lassaletta, Carmen Beato, Clara Lamagrande, Valeria Parra, Maria Boffil – R) 84.4332
1. Rodionycheva Victoriia (RUS) 82.7765,
2. Sokolova Anna (RUS) 82.5922
3. Kirsanova Daria (RUS) 82.4784 4