FULL TIME SYNCHRONIZED SWIMMING HEAD COACH POSITION DESCRIPTION (PD)
NoVa Synchro needs YOU!
Full-time Head Coach required in the Washington, DC metro area.
Apply to: email@example.com
NoVa Synchro (NVS) is a synchronized swimming team practicing in Northern Virginia (metro
Washington, DC) area. The team ranges from 30-50 athletes, and practices 3-5 times per week to
compete both at the regional and national levels. Qualified swimmers compete in the Junior Olympics.
The season runs from September through June. The team is a non-profit and volunteer organization. The
Nova Synchro Head Coach will work with Nova Synchro Board members and other coaching staff to
administer all aspects of training, meets, and competitions. This includes managing day-to-day
administration of the Team programs and assisting in the continuing development of a high
performance culture within team members.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Independently run coaching duties for the Nova Synchro team. Assists swimmers in establishing
individual goals and prepares them for competition. Coordinates selected administrative duties as
directed by the Nova Synchro Board. Attends and coordinates activities of team members at selected
away meets. Helps coordinate practices, schedules, and works with members, parents, and aquatics
staff. Develops practices, lesson plans and routines appropriate to a variety of swimming levels.
Coordinate with all coaches all auxiliary activities. Provides clerical support by tracking individual
swimmers progress, processes meet entries, submitting communication requests and work orders, and
arranging travel as necessary. Coordinates camps, clinics and workshops as directed. Provides event
information to participants, members, and staff as directed. Performs all tasks assigned by the Nova
- Communicate all Team Program information as required by Board.
- Act as the first point of contact for any administrative inquiries relating to the Team.
- Assist with communications and coordination with contracted pools and vendors.
- Assist with the Organization of all travel, travel documentation, venues and transportation for the Team
- Assist with the organization of all training, competition uniforms and apparel for the Team.
- Assist in building and managing budgets for the Team programs/events.
- Assist in managing the budget for training for the Team.
- Completes and submit entries for competitions for the Team.
- Assist with organization and ordering of training and competition equipment.
- Helps with the coordination of meeting room and facility usage.
- Helps with Coordination of athlete meals as needed.
- Liaise with pool management, other clubs or vendors in relation to Team needs, surrounding training
- Communicate closely with the board and Coaches in relation to athlete participation in events.
- Recurrently meets and coordinates all team activities with all coaches, provides oversight of their
training progress and activities.
- Establishes training goals and milestones for all assistant coaches.
Offer a positive role model for athletes and staff.
- Other duties as directed by the board.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience and education is preferred.
Must be able to demonstrate skills at a proficient level. Possession of current CPR and First Aid certifications as well as US Synchronized Swimming Coaching Certification Program (CCP) Level 1.
- Requires strong, effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Performance sports and sports development, specifically Synchronized Swimming, is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year administrative experience dealing with scheduling, organizing, data entry and finance work.
- Minimum 2 years of coaching experience.
- Experience working independently.
- Experience in planning and organization with attention to detail.
- Experience of managing teams in a high performance environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to meet competing demands through effective prioritization in a results oriented environment.
- Demonstrated success in managing individual differences and group dynamics.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, observe confidentiality, use discretion and initiative.
- Ability to build and nurture key professional relationships.
- Have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to multi-task, handle frequent interruptions and competing priorities, be good at time management and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and remain calm under pressure.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong awareness of self and self-regulation.
- Must be flexible and approachable with a positive attitude.
- Ability to thrive and willingness to work in a pressured environment with irregular and long hours.
- Driven by achieving results and a passion to succeed.
Tools, Equipment, & Conditions:
- Office work will be required; incumbent will need to be able to successfully operate office equipment
- Incumbent must be flexible with their schedule as work on weekends, evenings and holidays
will be required.
- Some travel will be required for competitive meets.
- Arlington, Alexandria and Fairfax Counties in Northern Virginia.
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications