The election period for the USS BOD Positions and the AAC positions is currently underway. Ballots must be received by April 18, 2014 @ 11:00pm MST.
Each member should print the ballot, fill it out and return by mail, email, or fax to Lisa Valiant (notary public):
Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation
P.O. Box 980337
Park City, UT 84098
Detailed election instructions are included on the ballots. Please return the first page ONLY to Lisa. Members MUST return the filled out ballet in order to have their vote counted. An email saying, "I am John Doe" and I’m voting for Jane Doe" will not count.
For the BOD Election:
- Members must declare in which category they are affiliated and voting (check the requirements listed).
- Members can only vote in the their declared category with one exception; Club Presidents will vote in the Club Director category as a representative of their respective club.
- Club Directors would also be eligible to vote in their individual category as a member.
For the AAC Election:
- To vote in the Athletes’ Advisory Council election you must qualify as an Elite Athlete which is defined as;
- Within the ten (10) years preceding election, represented the United States in the Olympic Games, or an Operation Gold event, or a World Championship recognized by ISU for which a competitive selection process was administered by US Speedskating; or
- Within the twenty-four (24) months before election, demonstrated that they are actively engaged in amateur athletic competition in Speedskating by qualifying as a Senior Category 1 skater or under the new regulations, a level I or II skater.
- Elite Athlete members may not be drawn from events that categorize entrants in age-restricted classifications commonly known as “Juniors,” “Masters,” “Seniors,” “Veterans” or other similarly designated age-restricted competition.
THANK YOU FOR VOTING!
FROM POND TO PODIUM, WE ARE US SPEEDSKATING