LAS VEGAS – More than 300 U.S. Olympians and Paralympians from all Games years gathered at Las Vegas' renowned Tropicana Hotel from Feb. 19-22, 2016, to celebrate the 2016 U.S. Olympians and Paralympians Reunion.
The three-day reunion featured a gala dinner, Olympic memorabilia presentation, youth sports clinics, several athlete panels and a celebrity golf tournament. Most importantly, the event offered the chance for U.S. Olympians and Paralympians across all sports and years to come together, foster new friendships and celebrate the unique experience of representing the United States at the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The Reunion 2016 Planning Committee included:
- Willie Banks (Track & Field, 1980, 1984, 1988), Event Chair
- Anne Warner Cribbs (Swimming, 1960), Event Producer
- Joey Cheek (Speedskating, 2002, 2006)
- Micki King (Diving, 1968, 1972)
- Tom Lough (Modern Pentathlon, 1968)
- Susie Paxton (Fencing, 1996)
- John Register (Paralympic Swimming, 1996; Paralympic Track & Field, 2000)
- Cindy Stinger (Team Handball, 1984, 1988, 1992)
- Eli Wolff (Paralympic Soccer, 1996, 2004)
For additional information about the U.S. Olympians and Paralympians Association, please visit TeamUSA.org/USOPA.