The U.S. Biathlon Team Coaching Internship
June - November 2020
Lake Placid, New York
The US Biathlon Team Coaching Internship is ideal for nordic skiers and biathletes aspiring to become coaches as well as individuals with a professional interest in endurance sport coaching and sports physiology. The intern will work with the US Biathlon National Team athletes on a daily basis and live at the Olympic Training Center in Lake Placid, NY, where meals and lodging are provided for the duration of the internship. The internship begins in early June and continues through Nov. 1, 2020.
Support the training of the U.S. Biathlon Team at their high performance center, the Olympic Training Center in Lake Placid, NY. The intern will work daily with the high performance staff and the athletes to provide excellent training conditions for the athletes. Duties will include planning and set up for training, timing, heart rate, and lactate measurements as well as timing and scoring of shooting sessions. The US Biathlon Team is coached by some of the world’s best coaches and the internship offers a great view into the elite levels of endurance sport training. The internship may include some travel with the team to a training camp in the fall. The intern may also work together with the high performance staff on initiatives related to data analytics, coaches education, and other planning..
Functions include but are not limited to the following:
1. Planning the details of the training implementation with coaching staff
2. Daily training set-up
3. Timing of training activities and timing/scoring of shooting performance
4. Video training activities for analysis
5. Assist with lactate measurement and other testing as needed
6. Presentation of training data for coaches and athletes
SECONDARY ROLES (If Essential Roles are Completed):
Assist High Performance Staff in the following areas:
Logistics and Planning
· Educational Requirements: Bachelor degree
· Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook.
· Passion for sport and the Ideals of the Olympic Movement
· Endurance sport competition experience
· Must be eligible to work in the USA.
· Excellent communication and human relations skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced multidisciplinary team environment.
· Willingness to work outdoors to support training in various weather conditions
· Enjoys helping athletes & coaches achieve their goals
· Valid driver’s license
Standard Office Equipment and Applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook
General IT proficiency
· Office environment in multi-story building on multi-building site
· Much of the work will be done outdoors
The intern will be compensated with full room & board at the Olympic Training Center in Lake Placid, NY, plus a stipend of $400/month.
Applications due Monday, March 9, 2020.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to Danika Frisbie, US Biathlon Sport Program Manager at email@example.com.