Director of Administration, Communications, Operations,
Compliance and Fund Development
REVISED OCTOBER 2019
U.S. Biathlon Association, Inc., the recognized national governing body of the Olympic sport of biathlon, is seeking a Director of Administration, Communications, Operations, Compliance and Fund Development to work at the organization's headquarters near Portland, Maine. While the clear preference is to have the Director work at the headquarters, applications from exceptionally well-qualified persons who would need to work remotely will be considered.
Reports directly to the CEO
Responsible for administration, operations, organizational communications, fund development tasks
The ideal candidate will be independent, detail oriented and have had non-profit sport experience; excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong financial and organizational skills, experience managing office staff as well as a passion for sport.
Under the general supervision of the CEO:
- Manage the organization’s financial tracking and reporting, including specific reporting on grants, gifts and special projects
- Manage administrative tasks as assigned including CEO travel and calendar
- Plan and manage Board meetings and events for the Association and Foundation
- Lead implementation of the organization’s annual communications plan including but not limited to oversight of content development for and management of the organization web site, newsletter, and social media efforts
- Lead communications to the Board of Directors and membership; as well as communications to sponsors, donors and US Biathlon Foundation members.
- Work with High Performance Staff to remain aware and up to date on current events relating to team performance
- Oversee and manage the Team travel, accommodations and logistics as needed
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of expense reports by sport staff
- Review and approve invoices and expense reports related to team operations
- Track expenses to ensure operations remain within budget
- Ensure US Biathlon maintains compliance with all requirements of the U.S. Olympic Committee, International Biathlon Union, U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, U.S. Center for SafeSport as well as all State and Federal regulations
5. Fund Development:
- Manage all fund development activities including donor and corporate sponsor relationships and any supporting activities. Support the CEO, US Biathlon Board and US Biathlon Foundation Trustees by, among other things, planning and managing meetings and events, developing communications/digital platforms, invitations and materials
- Lead specific initiatives in the areas of organizational planning, corporate sponsorship, fundraising development and national/international relations, as assigned
- Plan and manage the Association’s annual awards events and Hall of Fame
- Plan and manage programs for BOD members, Trustees and donors to attend events.
- Accept other duties as assigned to ensure high quality operations in all aspects of the Association and the Foundation
- Bachelor’s degree and four years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills paramount.
- Comfort and capability with managing digital platforms and social media
- Demonstrated experience successfully interacting with donors and sponsors
- Demonstrated success working independently and in a group environment
- Demonstrated success working with a wide range of constituents
- Demonstrated ability with email, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and digitalplatform software; photo editing and graphics application experience a plus.
- Valid passport and driver’s license
- Office environment at Pineland Farms, near Portland, ME
- Familiarity with standard office equipment
- Availability for occasional weekend events and regional & national travel
The Application Deadline is November 4th
The application period will remain open until the position is filled.
Submit letter of interest, resume and three references to: