US Biathlon Talent Identification Camp
Olympic Training Center
Lake Placid, New York
Arrival: June 20th or 21st – camp starts on Sunday June 21st at 7:00 PM
Departure: June 25th – camp ends June 25th at 10:00 AM
US Biathlon is looking for talented endurance athletes who are interested in becoming world-class competitors. The talent identification camp will help us evaluate your stage in this journey.
- Physical tests, e.g. uphill run, 30 meter test
- Strength tests and flexibility screening
- Roller ski technique training with World Cup athletes Lowell Bailey, Susan Dunklee, Tim Burke, and Olympic Champion Andrea Henkel Burke
- Shooting drills and precision test
- Question and answer sessions with World Cup athletes Lowell Bailey, Susan Dunklee, Tim Burke, and Olympic Champion Andrea Henkel Burke
- Final running Biathlon competition running at the Olympic Biathlon venue Mt van Hoevenberg
- Gear for indoor and outdoor sport
- Gym shoes
- Running shoes
- Roller skis, ski boots, poles
- Writing material
Applications: please fill out the attached application form and email it to US Biathlon Chief of Sport Bernd Eisenbichler by May 5th: firstname.lastname@example.org
Invitations: will go out latest by May 15th
Travel: Applicants are responsible for their own travel. Those arriving by air should plan to arrive in Albany, NY.
Housing & Meals: The camp will take place at the Olympic Training Center in Lake Placid, NY. Meals and lodging will be provided there free of charge.