There are no minimum entry time requirements to enter the U.S. Paralympics Cycling Team Trials.
To be eligible to compete at the U.S. Paralympic Cycling Team Trials, athletes (including tandem pilots) must:
- hold an international license issued by USA Cycling
- be at least 18 years of age by Dec. 31, 2021
- must have raced in at least one (1) sanctioned, international UCI Para-cycling competition between Jan. 1, 2018 and June 15, 2021
- be internationally classified with a 'confirmed' sport class status or a 'review' sport class status with a review date after Dec. 31, 2021 (not applicable to tandem pilots)
- U.S. Paralympics Cycling has opened the competition to athletes without an international classification. These athletes will be permitted to compete, however are not eligible for Tokyo selection and will not appear on the Paralympic Road Trials Ranking List.
- All athletes competing must have a National Classification and hold a USA Cycling International Racing License.
Training and Competition Dates
Time Trial Course Preview: Friday, June 18, 2021
Race Day: Saturday, June 19, 2021
Course Maps (Individual Time Trial)
Athletes selected to the Cycling Team for the Tokyo Paralympic Team will be notified via phone no later than 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, June 20, 2021. The Paralympic Team roster will be announced on the USOPC website on June 20, 2021.
Travel information - arrival timeline
All participants must arrive in Minneapolis at least 72 hours prior to their first competition or first sustained interaction with athletes, absent a showing of extenuating circumstances (e.g. flight delays). Arrival deadlines listed below are based on first competition date. Non-athlete Participants with roles that require sustained interaction with athletes must arrive at least 72 hours prior to the first sustained interaction or first competition date, whichever comes first.
Due to ongoing COVID-19 restrictions and precautions, U.S. Paralympics has made the difficult decision to not allow spectators at the upcoming U.S. Paralympic Team Trials to be held June 17-20, 2021 in Minneapolis. This decision will impact all three sports in contention - U.S. Paralympics Cycling, U.S. Paralympics Swimming and U.S. Paralympics Track & Field. U.S. Paralympics and the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee are dedicated to protecting the health and safety of Team USA. We will continue to closely monitor local and federal guidance to reevaluate this policy should the situation change.
For any trials related questions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.