April Ross poses for a portrait during the Team USA Tokyo 2020 Olympics shoot on Nov. 21, 2019 in West Hollywood, Calif.
Even in times of such uncertainty, Team USA athletes aren't slowing down. From welcoming new members to the Team USA family to getting creative with their training, Olympic and Paralympic athletes have remained busy. This week, April Ross showed off her impressive backyard volleyball setup, Alex Morgan gave birth to a baby girl just in time for Mother's Day and Nastia Liukin found her way back on the beam. Miss anything? It's OK, we've got you covered.
1. Even during uncertain times, track and field star Christian Taylor is finding ways to stay positive and keep training.
One day closer to normalcy, one day closer to reaching a dream. Training, work, and life is very different at the moment but WE keep pushing through, because it's what WE do. Stay positive, stay connected, and stay safe. UNITED WE STAND. 🇺🇲 pic.twitter.com/UBVSpcdOtV— Christian Taylor (@Taylored2jump) May 8, 2020
2. When you’re in quarantine, you have to get creative. Check out this inventive backyard volleyball setup by April Ross.
View this post on Instagram
How are you guys getting creative with your bounce boards this week?! And maybe also utilizing the plants in your yard?🤣 ⠀⠀ I posted this last week when I took over @usavolleyball but I want to make sure everyone sees it in case it’s what you need to spark some creativity!👊🏼 ⠀⠀ • When do you think we’ll be back to playing? Comment 🥳 for soon, 🤷🏼♀️ for not sure, 🙈 for we still have AWHILE...
3. Nastia Liukin is back on the beam and we are here for it!
4. It’s not as easy as it looks! Hunter Woodhall set the record straight about what it’s really like to run and train as a double amputee.
Daily Dose Of Cute
5. Melissa Stockwell’s pup Murphy learned a new skill and it’s just too cute!
6. Paralympic snowboarder Mike Shea’s daughter on a scooter: Is there anything cuter?
7. This is genius! Who needs to go to a real amusement park, when you have Jordan Burroughs' at-home roller coaster!
Cheapest family vacation we’ve ever had. 🙌🏾😂 https://t.co/U5g1dJ4uqh— Jordan Burroughs (@alliseeisgold) May 8, 2020
For The Moms
8. Welcome to the world! Just in time for Mother’s Day, Alex Morgan gave birth to daughter Charlie Elena Carrasco.
At 1130am on May 7 weighing 8lbs5oz, Charlie Elena Carrasco made her grand entrance into the world. She made us wait longer than expected, but I should have known she would do it her way and her way only. My super moon baby. pic.twitter.com/dDbIXW6INr— Alex Morgan (@alexmorgan13) May 9, 2020
9. We love this throwback of baby Maia Shibutani and her mom!
Happy Mother’s Day! ❤️ pic.twitter.com/Svk39MM1cn— Maia Shibutani (@MaiaShibutani) May 11, 2020
10. Alex Shibutani also shared this heartwarming video he and Maia made for their mom. We’re not crying. You’re crying.
Grateful beyond measure to have a Mom who never let me feel any different, who never let me believe that I couldn’t pursue my dreams, and who taught me to always give my best and never give up. Thanks Mom 💗 https://t.co/L9wpRIsDZn— McKenzie Coan (@McKenzie_Coan) May 8, 2020
12. Oh, and dog moms count, too! Right, Mallory Weggemann?
View this post on Instagram
Apparently today is #NationalDogMomDay - I couldn’t be more grateful for this cutie! Yes, I am that person that is a proud fur mom. Yes, I have more photos on my camera roll of my dog than I should probably admit. But boy, does he fill my heart with love! ♥️ To all the proud dog mama’s out there - Happy Dog Mom Day!
Also This Week…
14. Henry Cejudo is calling it a career! The former wrestling gold medalist announced he would be retiring immediately after defending his UFC bantamweight title on Saturday night.