Monica Abbott and Aubree Munro celebrate during a game against Japan on June 25, 2019 in Tokyo.
It has been a big week for the Olympic and Paralympic movements. The International Olympic Committee and International Paralympic Committee announced the Tokyo Games would be postponed until summer 2021 due to the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic. While everyone is stuck at home Team USA athletes and fans have found some creative ways to pass the time. There is plenty to get caught up on, so let’s get started!
We Are Team USA
It was announced today that the @USParalympics have been postponed exactly one year. That means one more year for my kids to watch their mom chase a dream. And I get another year of my favorite post ride and post run hugs. ♥️ 🇺🇸💪🏼 #trimom #Tokyo2021 #motivationmonday pic.twitter.com/AgUA94orje— Melissa Stockwell (@MStockwell01) March 30, 2020
We have Olympic dates!! pic.twitter.com/pHYLqFpsUS— Monica Abbott (@monicaabbott) March 30, 2020
2. Always connected. The U.S. women’s softball team is finding ways to stay in touch amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
4. Soccer or basketball stars? Ashlyn Harris showed off her new at-home workout routine with wife Ali Krieger.
5. No squat rack. No problem. Olympic ice hockey champion Kali Flanagan wins the award for cutest workout partner.
6. And Brooke Raboutou’s at home climbing chronicles continue.
Also This Week
7. Need a little something to brighten your day? LeBron James and his family dancing on TikTok is all you need!
8. Looking for a way to pass the time? Check out Olympic champion Jessie Diggins’ new book, “Brave Enough.” The book follows the inspiring journey of the cross-country skier from her battle with an eating disorder to the top of the podium in PyeongChang.
View this post on Instagram
Hey #BraveEnough readers! Thank you for all the love on social media. It’s been so wonderful to feel connected to everyone in a time when we can’t be physically present. But even with social distancing, I love that I still get to hang out in your living room in book form! 🥰 I’ve had a lot of questions about how to order a signed copy around the world. Due to COVID-19 safety protocols, shipping has had to stop for the signed copies we are sending to Europe…but once it’s safe to do so, we will work hard to get them in stores! We just need to put everyone’s safety and health first. 💛 In the meantime, I’ve included a link below and in my bio for Ad Libris, where you can still order a regular copy online in Europe. If you’re in the US, here are a list of stores that are carrying signed copies. Please call the store to ask about shipping, since we want everyone to follow social distancing and stay at home to read! 🙏🏼 📚 From Europe, order from Ad Libris: https://www.adlibris.com/se/bok/brave-enough-9781517908195 📖 And here in the US, these bookstores have signed copies available! -Valley Bookseller (Stillwater, MN) -Piragis (Ely, MN) -Cream & Amber (Hopkins, MN) -Next Chapter (St Paul, MN) -Subtext (St Paul, MN) -Red Balloon (St Paul, MN) -Moon Palace (Minneapolis, MN) -Otter Lane Bookstore (Anoka, MN) -Zenith Bookstore (Duluth, MN) -Content (Northfield, MN) -Scout & Morgan (Cambridge, MN) -Lake Country Books (White Bear Lake, MN) -Drury Lane (Grand Marais, MN) -Northshire Bookstore (Manchester, VT) -Northshire Bookstore (Saratoga Springs, NY) -Gathering Volumes Bookstore (Perrysburg, OH)
9. We love to see how Team USA fans are getting creative at home! Meet our two newest sitting volleyball players.
10. The triathlon community has spoken. Gwen Jorgensen is your champion of champions!