Brooke Raboutou poses for a portrait during the Team USA Tokyo 2020 Olympics shoot on Nov. 20, 2019 in West Hollywood, Calif.
What a week. COVID-19 has impacted the lives of millions of people. However, Team USA athletes have found creative ways to keep busy. From creating innovative at-home workouts to sharing words of reassurance and hope on social media, check out what your favorite athletes have been up to this week!
No Gym. No Problem.
1. Don’t try this at home! Climber Brooke Raboutou found creative ways to use her home as her own personal gym.
View this post on Instagram
Tour de my house✔️ • In all seriousness though, I am lucky enough to have a home wall in my basement and am very thankful for it in hard times like this. I know that not many people are fortunate enough to have a home wall, but there are other ways to train at home and keep it fun! As important as it is to distance ourselves physically and #stayhome, it is important not to distance ourselves mentally. Call the ones you love and take care of yourselves. 🥰
2. Check them out! While stuck inside, Lindsey Vonn and P.K. Subban have mastered this new balancing act.
3. Need a good laugh? This video montage of how curler Matt Hamilton is spending his days is just too good to pass up.
4. Have you ever wanted to work out like an elite athlete? Check out all the best at-home workouts from your favorite Olympic and Paralympic athletes!
Keeping The Flame Alive
5. With the Games on everyone’s mind, the International Olympic Committee announced they would conclude scenario planning for the Tokyo Games in the next four weeks.
6. Amidst the uncertainty surrounding the Tokyo Games, the Olympic flame has made its way to Japan.
The Olympic Flame has officially been handed over to @Tokyo2020! 🇯🇵— #TokyoOlympics (@NBCOlympics) March 19, 2020
The journey to Japan began in a ceremony held earlier today at the historic Panathenaic Stadium in Athens, Greece.#OlympicTorchRelay #TokyoOlympics pic.twitter.com/fCs9xCBYrI
7. Jordan Burroughs said it best. Even though our goals may be delayed, they will not be denied.
8. “We are one team.” – Colleen Quigley
Team USA Highlights
9. Soccer player and Women's World Cup champion athlete Jessica McDonald is just too good. McDonald shared a tweet with some very impressive fun facts about her track career!
2 fun facts: I set the Arizona state record for high school track and field in the 400 my junior year without training for it.— Jessica McDonald (@J_Mac1422) March 18, 2020
I also hold my high school (Cactus High School) records in the 4x4, 400, 200, and 100 (which are still held).
10. A day we will never forget. USA Hockey also reminisced on the day the U.S. sled hockey team won gold at the Paralympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018. Has it really been two years, already?
Two years ago today, the boys brought home Paralympic gold. 🥇🇺🇸 pic.twitter.com/C8Qb58dPZB— USA Hockey (@usahockey) March 18, 2020
11. We could watch this clip over and over again. Simone Biles bringing a little happiness to your timeline.